Stolen From at Brit Bank

Ham Sparm

Apprentice
Was successfully stolen from at Brit Bank and spammed guards but they would not attack the thief. Was only a lousy force weapon but still - I thought no matter what guards can be called on thieves after they steal an item.

I was blue,
He was blue,
He stole - Went Grey - I called guards and he just ran off.

This is normal..?

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Yep. It means he performed a successful steal. He will remain perma grey until death. This means he will stay grey to you, and appear blue to everyone else. However, should someone attack him, he will flag grey, revealing his perma grey status.

The Grixxitt

Apprentice
Never go to W brit bank with anything of value. Hell don't go there with anything period. People will make off with a 50gp item because they're either trying to goad you into attacking them, or because they have a deluded sense of worth for the items they steal.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Never go to W brit bank with anything of value. Hell don't go there with anything period. People will make off with a 50gp item because they're either trying to goad you into attacking them, or because they have a deluded sense of worth for the items they steal.

That 50gp item might become rare in time and actually be worth 50 mil... Dreamers will be dreamers and dreams can come true! ..

wkstrm

Master
If he went grey and you called for gurds, gards, guard it's not so strange. Many people seem to misspell the G-word a lot, which has saved many thieves from the dreadful G-whack!

halygon

Grandmaster
Not really.. Even thieves are not always permanent grey.. They may be one day but not the next.. However they can't give you a count regardless.

In fact I know a lot of thieves (*cough* darkarena and Slappy) that let's someone know they are perms, then die to remove the status and come back hoping the person will attack them in town. They cannot call guards but the NPC besides them can :)

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Not really.. Even thieves are not always permanent grey.. They may be one day but not the next.. However they can't give you a count regardless.

In fact I know a lot of thieves (*cough* darkarena and Slappy) that let's someone know they are perms, then die to remove the status and come back hoping the person will attack them in town. They cannot call guards but the NPC besides them can :)

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :p

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
If a thief steals from you, and they're perma-grey, they will still flag grey to you until they die - it doesn't time out.

One thing my buddies and I used to do is turn off guild tags and call for help in town, hoping some goody-goody would help the poor newb from the thief. Sometimes, neither one of us was a thief - we just played it up. It's why I don't help people from thieves in town.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
On Angel island didnt the forensic evaluation or some other skill give the ability to see all perma grey? Would be good use of a wasted skill

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
On Angel island didnt the forensic evaluation or some other skill give the ability to see all perma grey? Would be good use of a wasted skill
Yeah, I believe so, or it flagged them perma. Something like that. I've brought it up before, but all the thieves started pissing themselves, afraid of some GM Forensics builds coming after them.