Someone PLEASE help me with this lag!

locke23

Novice
So I'm trying to play. The game was working JUST FINE for 2-3 days. The 2-3 days after that, however, have been totally unplayable. When I type -ping in game, I get a bunch of 15-30ms packets, and 1 2000ms+ packet. If I try to ping the login server while NOT using the client to connect to the game, I get 18ms every packet I send. https://who.is/tools/ping/login.uoforever.com/ (12ms if I ping from cmd.exe)

This is the only game that does this. My internet is getting 950+ mb up and down with my fiber connection. I'm located in Kansas City, KS. Here's a video of how bad the lag is for me. Everyone around me still running around just fine...

http://www.twitch.tv/thehappyhappyist/v/38088118

any help would be great... ty.

Last edited by a moderator:

locke23

Novice
Here is my ping, etc. Took all data back to back. Every other website I go to and game I play works just fine... I've power cycled, had my isp 'reset' me; it's not a DNS issue, and my router is working just fine. Nothing is blocked.

UOlag2_zpsyjeqhchv.png

UOlag_zps5ahv4gjk.png

UOlag1_zpsxluc6hr2.png

locke23

Novice
Nm... Talked to management here at UOF and they said it's my ISP and not the server. Talk to my ISP and they tell me it's the server not the ISP. Everything looks good on my end. Looks like I'm just screwed. Anyway, here's the info from the chat log.

Even though Fiber Support says it's serverside, I'm having my serious doubts. I can try uoforever etc, and it doesn't matter, it all lags. UO is the ONLY game on my PC that lags for me. It just started lagging 2-3 days ago... very frustrated. I just wish I knew what I could do.

UOlag3_zpssd2acws9.png

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
stop doing everything right :mad: I'm running out of trouble shooting ideas lol

also double check that these ports are open:

Publisher: EAFormat: PCTCP Ports5001-5010, 7775-7777, 8888, 9999

locke23

Novice
stop doing everything right :mad: I'm running out of trouble shooting ideas lol

also double check that these ports are open:

Publisher: EAFormat: PCTCP Ports5001-5010, 7775-7777, 8888, 9999

Forwarded the ports. Not 100% sure it's making a difference for me or not, tho. As a weird side note; today, my service seems to be a little less shitty. I almost made it from the mage shop to the bank in brit without lagging out. And even though it's all stuff I've worked through for the most part, I still appreciate your help :D I'm happy to see someone was willing to give it a whirl. hehe

God.RG

Grandmaster
Nm... Talked to management here at UOF and they said it's my ISP and not the server. Talk to my ISP and they tell me it's the server not the ISP. Everything looks good on my end. Looks like I'm just screwed. Anyway, here's the info from the chat log.

Even though Fiber Support says it's serverside, I'm having my serious doubts. I can try uoforever etc, and it doesn't matter, it all lags. UO is the ONLY game on my PC that lags for me. It just started lagging 2-3 days ago... very frustrated. I just wish I knew what I could do.
honestly dude, i'm not sure if that's just supposed to be their default response or what.. but the server we're on now is fucking garbage.
everyone is lagging, but we all constantly get told "it's all in your head" or "it's your isp".. even when everything else (including other UO servers) run 10x better.

edit: but i've heard from a few people that UO runs off of a certain part of your computer that was used more back in the 90's and isn't so much used today. so that may be a part of it too. idk.. but i do know that other servers don't lag as bad as this one.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
ive lagged maybe once and that was during a champ when there was hordes of spawn and a crap ton of trainers around. most of the lag is coming on the sallos user side, and some on steam. havent really had a problem using razor

locke23

Novice
honestly dude, i'm not sure if that's just supposed to be their default response or what.. but the server we're on now is fucking garbage.
everyone is lagging, but we all constantly get told "it's all in your head" or "it's your isp".. even when everything else (including other UO servers) run 10x better.

edit: but i've heard from a few people that UO runs off of a certain part of your computer that was used more back in the 90's and isn't so much used today. so that may be a part of it too. idk.. but i do know that other servers don't lag as bad as this one.

I've herd similar things; however with my particular situation I have also tried UOGames uoforever just to test it, and it lagged to hell too.

locke23

Novice
which client are you using? or have you tried switching between razor/sallos/uosteam?

As an ironic twist of events, using the Sallos client solved my problems. Mostly. I'm not a huge fan of Sallos, but I'm still getting used to it. Anyway, great temporary solution for anyone in the same weird boat as me; I know I saw some others. So it looks like I'll be learning how to use it from now on! lol.

The only real issue I have with Sallos now that I've learned how to cancel out a target is; how do I stop Sallos from crashing everytime I minmize the client? I have to tab out or else it will crash.