Some newb questions.

Colonelkurtz19

Hey guys. This is my first time playing since playing very casually in elementary school during vanilla so it feels like I am playing for my first time. I got a few q's.

1. I have farmed around 20k in gold. Should i save up for a house first or for a dedicated money making build? If so what is the best money making build for a newb?

2. Which dungeons shoukd i hit up first and when? What gear should I have? Right now i got full plated armor from a vendor and a sword I found on a monster. Also i have >= 95 in swordsmith anatomy and tactics and maybe another releavant combat stat. Should i grab better gear before advancing?

I would be interested in joing a guild/group of players to play with. Account name is Colonelkurtz19 CHAR NAME is Yarl of Vinheim.

#1 do your build, a 7xGM will amke more than a 7X70,
second Dont do dungeons unless you are with a group do over world and kill ettins ogre and trolls. good loot, get skill and build a good knowledge of your character
as for guild or group, check out TBHthey are awsome

Ranker

Master
Yeah check out the TBH guild on the looking for group/guild forums. Great guild, you'll have plenty of people to hunt with as well as tips and such.

1. Train your money-maker first. With 20k, you can pretty much complete a "Mage+Provo" or "Archer+Provo" template.

As far as skills are concerned, mandatory skills for Mage+Provo are Eval Int, Magery, Meditation, Musicianship and Provocation (+2 other skills), while for Archer+Provo, they are Anatomy, Archery, Healing, Musicianship, Provocation and Tactics (+1 other skill).

Don't waste money on a house until you need it to facilitate trading between your own toons, since that's pretty much the only reason you actually need a house, unless you're some sort of compulsive hoarder.

2. That's up to you. Don't leave town with anything you can't afford to lose is pretty much the only advice I can give you here.

My friends hit Shame 3 on pure Dexers, while they still had their [Young] status, which worked real well, since [Young] players can't be poisoned, which made farming Poison Elementals a joke for them... That goes to show you can hunt anywhere you want, as soon as you have 90+ Magery and/or 90+ in a Combat skill and/or 60+ Anatomy/Healing (so you can cure/heal self, if you don't have Magery or easy access to potions), although I'd get a Provocation template up, first, if you don't have one.

That said, you must be aware of "risk vs reward", the bigger the rewards, the higher the risk someone will PK you, so hunting "less profitable" mobs in a zero-risk environment (like Nujelm's guard-protected Graveyard) is generally better for a new player than going after higher-end mobs that are "more profitable", but also a lot riskier to hunt. In any case, drop loot often, as often as you can.