Slayer Weapons

Delvorin

Grandmaster
I've decided to start trying to make and sell slayer weapons. I was wondering what people are selling certain slayers for. Things like the scorpion and gargoyle slayers, I just smelt since I didn't think there's a market for them. But wanted to ask about the price range for the desirables, particularly reptilian death, exorcism, silver, repond, elemental ban, dragon slay, daemon dismissal. And are there any other highly desireables?

Also, what do you guys who make slayers do? Do you make couple of each most used weapon like katanas, kryss, spears, war hammers, etc? Or focus on one type?

SteelSexi

Master
I'm willing to help out the competition with my recent experience jumping into the slayer business.

First off, it is big business. I think since I started a couple of threads about them specifically a few weeks ago, particularly this one: http://www.uoforum.com/threads/look...desired-as-the-dragon-slayer-gm-slayer.35370/ - People have seen that GM slayer weapons are valued much higher then they might have thought. Since I started asking questions on these forums and posting prices in my forum ads just a few weeks ago, I've seen a LOT more smiths pounding away at metal trying to make slayers since then. I think it's growing not only with smiths trying to pound them out and gambling with their ingots, but also growing in popularity with players looks to swing these awesome weapons, taking specific mobs out like hot butter as well.

I try to make a variety of all popular weapons, including war axes, war hammers, and hallys. But I'd guess 75% of my slayer weapon sales are gm katana slayers. Up that to 90% for just katanas and krysses alone. All the rest that I make... war hammers, war axes, hallys, short spears and broadswords probably make up less then 10% of my overall sales in the gm slayer dept.

I'm still learning values and what people will pay for them....

Surprisingly to me.. Reponds seem to be players TOP choice and sell the fastest on my vendors. I sell those weapons quick even at 15k.

Probably #2 fastest selling slayer for me is the Exorcism. I sell them at 13k each.

I'd say the Reptilian Death super slayer and its more focused "Dragon Slaying" slayers are the next most desired, at least at my shop and I sell them pretty quick at 15k and 12k respectively.

Silver gm slayers I originally had up around 12k but have reduced them down to about 9k and they seem to sell fairly quick at that price.

Arachnid Doom super slayers I obviously have priced too low at 6k because they sell in a hurry at that price, so guessing you could get 8-10k for them perhaps.

Another shocker to me is the Elemental Ban super slayer, I originally thought would have been a 15k weapon... I've reduced down to 10k... and just sit on my vendor and accumulate. I had to reduce them with a 1 day 60% off Ele Ban sale to move just some of them that had accumulated. However it's more focused flame dousing slayer seems to sell just fine at 7k each.

And the fey slayer I've moved up and down and up and down.. and it seems to be well priced at about 3500.

I think this pricing stuff is going to vary greatly with location, with your customer base, and as time goes on as well. There are some players who wouldn't pay 5k for a Reptilian Death, but are willing to hand you 30k for a Dragon Slayer, even if you teach them the difference until you are blue in the face.

Anyhow, that should give you an idea.

I stock all slayers even the lame ones like snakes bane and summer wind at just under 1k, and I think some of them sell. But when they start accumulating, and I make another one, I will just smelt it. Obviously, that's for the lower end slayers. Even if I have 10 Elemental Ban katanas on my vendor and I make yet another.. I'm not gonna smelt that puppy.,,, Instead I'll just run a 50% EleBan sale or something and still try and get 5k out of it.

Also, I don't charge any more for a GM Hally slayer then I do for a katana or kryss, even though it takes a ton more ingots to get a good hally slayer then it does to get a good katana slayer. You could certainly charge more for weapons that require more ingots and perhaps get it. I think most players do understand it takes more metal to make a big weapon over a smaller faster one.

Another thing: Be ready for looooooong stretches of ingots blown through where only "crap" slayers seem to come your way. I had that happen for like 5 days straight. It can be beyond frustrating and you'll swear they nerfed slayer production as I did last week. But it should all even out in the end. Slayers are rare, and you'll burn lots of ingots trying to get vendors stocked with a few good ones, even if your luck is good that day.

- Hope that helps! There is a huge demand for gm slayers so I welcome you to help quench our servers' thirst for them!

Last edited by a moderator:

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Thank you very much SteelSexi. This has been incredibly helpful. Making slayers also gives me something to do that I enjoy. I enjoy the crafting aspect of the game so mining and making stuff is what I like. Thanks not only for the info but the time it took to write this. Wish I could give it 10k likes