Slayer armor and parry (again)

bradley-

Grandmaster
How is the slayer armor in this expansion suppose to work? I've read that it will reduce the damage from whatever slayer type by 50%, but..... Is that 50% per piece (doubtful)? Or does each piece provide a certain percent? Will there be slayer shields as well? Also, will slayer armor be craft-able via the same process as slayer weapons? If I only need one piece of slayer armor to get the full benefit, can I have one piece for each major slayer and have a super-suit for PvM? I love the slayer armor idea if you can't tell.... Lol

As for parry.... I enjoyed how it it worked on Rel Por and I don't think there is enough of a benefit for using it in PvP. If I remember right, on Rel Por, GM parry had a 5%-10% chance to completely negate a spell (from PvM and PvP) and it also had a flat reduction of spells of 10% I think (which comes out to 2-4 damage from en e-bolt). It also had a cool animation of blue sparks that flew off the shield if you negated a spell completely.. As long as parry can only be used by dexers and there arn't any spell-channeling shields to create roach mages, I believe that this benefit may create another viable template in the field. You could even add a dex requirement or something..

Thoughts? :)

kurtis

Grandmaster
Not sure I like the idea of spell negation because it seems a bit too powerful. But I could get on board with spell damage reduction. Given how powerful the 2-handed special moves are, I agree that parry needs a boost. There's a reason we hardly see it in the PvP setting.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
i believe that's how parrying needs to be implemented come Xpac..... who the fuck uses shield??? I sell all my invul and fortification shield when I get them lol, nobody uses them expect noobs starting out.... its just the way I see it... as big as this shard is.... need to start making ALL skills cooking, camping, parrying, all these useless skills into something productive, if we plan on being the best here.... make everything have a play in the economy somehow some way

Metalhead-

Master
I remember the days of real UO:R when you adjusted stats, fast casted dbl MB and finished off with any finisher spell you wanted. The good ole days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thechemicals

Apprentice
With slayer armor and gm parry you will be able to fight a balron melee. Killing him even with a vanq balron slaying weapon will still be a challenge. The time to kill will be as fun as watching paint dry.