Silver Instruments Worthless??

tbbucs40

Apprentice
Thanks for the reply! I was thinking the same thing but was unsure.

I have a follow up question, what advantages/disadvantages do the Silver instruments give a player? I'm sure that silver instruments help with undead, but do they have an adverse effect on non-undead creatures?

Gedron

Master
I think it helps with success, but I honestly have never noticed a difference. I probably have 100 silver instruments. I use them when I can't find GM ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it only really matters versus top end mobs. I notice a massive difference using a balron slayer on two balron paragons versus just an exceptional instrument.

Sliver (or any slayer instrument) gives you an additional 20% chance to succeed against that monster type. So Silver gives you 20% better success against all undead. So if your base chance to provoke a Lich Lord is 5%, with a silver instrument that becomes 25%.

A slayer instrument will also 20% more unsuccessful against the slayer types opposing monsters. So for a Silver instrument, you will have a 20% less chance to succeed against all Humanoids.

At least that's how it works on other servers.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Sliver (or any slayer instrument) gives you an additional 20% chance to succeed against that monster type. So Silver gives you 20% better success against all undead. So if your base chance to provoke a Lich Lord is 5%, with a silver instrument that becomes 25%.

A slayer instrument will also 20% more unsuccessful against the slayer types opposing monsters. So for a Silver instrument, you will have a 20% less chance to succeed against all Humanoids.

At least that's how it works on other servers.

That's the rule for slayers in general, but instruments have a -20 % chance of success against ANY mob that isn't included in the slayer pack. So a silver instrument gives you a -20 % chance with everything but undeads. Which is why slayer instruments suck.

And btw, silver is a super slayer.

gofer

Grandmaster
That's the rule for slayers in general, but instruments have a -20 % chance of success against ANY mob that isn't included in the slayer pack. So a silver instrument gives you a -20 % chance with everything but undeads. Which is why slayer instruments suck.

Certainly, just keep in mind that silver has no subseries such as Repond with Orc Slayer, Troll Slayer, etc. Uoguide provides great info on this subject, though I am not going to link and risk a violation of some sort.

BeerJedi

Grandmaster

OMG. this explains soo much about why i suck. I've just constantly used the dozens upon dozens of silver instruments i find as my regular instruments. didn't know about the -20%. /facepalm

Bhall

Expert
didnt know about that either.
Its funny I feel like I am failing more with gm than silver against dragons so I was actually just using silvers