Selling An Ancient Smithing Hammer Shard

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
One more thing... People pay 100k for a blessed novality item.. I just paid 2 million tmaps. A guy just bought a 50k non blessed vanq from me.

You don't think someone would pay a lot to a full set of reptilian armor.... I'll take my chances.with the pks.... They'll be busy farming covetus 4 to people farming werewolves and pheonixes

Messremb

Grandmaster
Um Unless im reading it wrong, the new legendary hammer has nothing to do with the new slayer armor. the slayer armor is a completely separate. the legendary hammer will have recopies that drop that let you make rare deco items. and I bet based of the rarity those items will sell for a lot.

Slayer armor im betting will be worth jack compared to the work that's going to go into making it. if your willing to pay 250k for a suit of armor you will lose, your crazy. nobody is going to want it for how much its going to cost to make it.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Um Unless im reading it wrong, the new legendary hammer has nothing to do with the new slayer armor. the slayer armor is a completely separate. the legendary hammer will have recopies that drop that let you make rare deco items. and I bet based of the rarity those items will sell for a lot.

Slayer armor im betting will be worth jack compared to the work that's going to go into making it. if your willing to pay 250k for a suit of armor you will lose, your crazy. nobody is going to want it for how much its going to cost to make it.
In the expansion notes I read it said you had to loot rune pieces from mobs inside rdas. Then arange those rune pieces in a special crystal box. Then hit it with the legendary hammer. Then.u will have the matz needed to craft the slayer armor.. and maybe I'm miaareading this hammer. But you gotta earn recipes for it. Just to craft something and when Ut breaks u lose the recipes.... So haveing an item made by a hammer is gunna be rare.. and people are gunna pay more for it.

bane

Master
In the expansion notes I read it said you had to loot rune pieces from mobs inside rdas. Then arange those rune pieces in a special crystal box. Then hit it with the legendary hammer. Then.u will have the matz needed to craft the slayer armor.. and maybe I'm miaareading this hammer. But you gotta earn recipes for it. Just to craft something and when Ut breaks u lose the recipes.... So haveing an item made by a hammer is gunna be rare.. and people are gunna pay more for it.
If slayer armor is really expensive (250k for a full suit) no one will buy it. The two best PvM templates currently (archer/bard and Tamer/Bard) pretty much never get hit by monsters. So those two templates really have no need for this armor.

What I am hoping for is that Slayer Armor becomes really easy to craft bringing the price for a full suit to the 15-50k range which would allow for alternative PvM templates to flourish. Cheap slayer armor means we get some diversity in PvM which I think would be really cool.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
If slayer armor is really expensive (250k for a full suit) no one will buy it. The two best PvM templates currently (archer/bard and Tamer/Bard) pretty much never get hit by monsters. So those two templates really have no need for this armor.

What I am hoping for is that Slayer Armor becomes really easy to craft bringing the price for a full suit to the 15-50k range which would allow for alternative PvM templates to flourish. Cheap slayer armor means we get some diversity in PvM which I think would be really cool.
In 6 months. Maybe I. Will be 50k a bag. But in 4 weeks it will be 150 to 250. And u wont buy it.. there won't be enough sets for you... I'll buy it.
I'll outbid u for it.

I'm an archer bard. And for half damage from ancient wyrms or lich lords is go twice as fast.

Bromista

Grandmaster
100 to 200 mil? I think you might be high, sir.
Haha I have to agree!

All we can do is speculate. Speculation sure is funny sometimes. Hammers could be worth 500k could be worth 5 mil.

What if they are making hammers easy to get to encourage more people to do champ spawns and encourage more PvP and get people interested in that? What if this is really about the powerscrolls?

What if they enjoy watching us fight it out at champs like we're their puppets?

What if Jesus really was our Lord and Saviour?

Who knows the answer to these questions? Only the staff. The staff of UO Forever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Messremb

Grandmaster

Please share where you read this cause I read the following.

The Crystal Workbench & Imbuing Slayer Armor

There are 9 different colors of crystal to be found. A legendary tinker (120 tinkering) is required to assemble a crystal workbench out of these crystals. To begin assembling, double click the crystal shards and target another crystal shard to get an item called “the beginnings of a crystal workbench”. From that point on, you will need to combine the crystal shards to that workbench (YOU CANNOT COMBINE TWO in-progress WORKBENCHES), until all of the crystal colors have been incorporated into it (single clicking it will tell you what colors it already has in it).

After locking the completed workbench down in your house, you can place gargish runes onto the workbench. The runes must be placed in a particular order, left to right, as well as being the right combination of runes. You can find a gargish alphabet here:

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070215174654/u5lazarus/images/f/fb/Gargish.gif

Different rune imbuing “recipes” will be released over time and in different ways. The recipes will begin to have a small chance of dropping in the near future as we add some “gargoyle alchemists” randomly throughout the dungeons (when I say randomly, it means that they could be anywhere much like the RDAs). Some slayer recipes we may reserve for special quests.

Legendary Hammer

The legendary hammer must be created by combining 10 shards found off of mobs of special significance--in particular, RDA mobs will have a chance to drop these shards. Recipes will become available that will allow you to craft especially awesome rares. The craft gump does not show those items until after you have the recipe, so there's a lot to discover!

Don't see anything about needing the Legendary hammer for the slayer armor. sorry,

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Please share where you read this cause I read the following.

Don't see anything about needing the Legendary hammer for the slayer armor. sorry,
Go to uoforever.com. and click the first link under the video it shows u patch notes....
Scroll down to slayer armor. Half way down.
Says hammer is needed to make the runekeys to make the armor. Thus making the armor way more rare.

It will be expensive untill over 20 hammers have been made.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
I aint really trying to sell you all on my shit. I'm trying to sell this opinion to the guy with the shard. Who should hold.it for e weeks.
People got money in this server. Trust me in that. Not me.... I do alright. But people got money.
Just assume if u want something made by that hammer any time near the first 1000 items crafted. Start saving

Messremb

Grandmaster
Go to uoforever.com. and click the first link under the video it shows u patch notes....
Scroll down to slayer armor. Half way down.
Says hammer is needed to make the runekeys to make the armor. Thus making the armor way more rare.

It will be expensive untill over 20 hammers have been made.

Based of that I don't expect to see any slayer armor ever. here is why.

The hammer lets you make rare Deco items. those items will sell for huge sums, probably millions, and will probably take only one hit with a hammer. Armor on the other hand will take 6 hits with the hammer. so, you could make 6 mil plus on deco rares, or one suit of slayer armor for 250k.... you do the math, but I doubt anyone will make slayer armor.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Based of that I don't expect to see any slayer armor ever. here is why.

The hammer lets you make rare Deco items. those items will sell for huge sums, probably millions, and will probably take only one hit with a hammer. Armor on the other hand will take 6 hits with the hammer. so, you could make 6 mil plus on deco rares, or one suit of slayer armor for 250k.... you do the math, but I doubt anyone will make slayer armor.
I dunno the actual durability is but I assume its high. It's legendary. They will tweak it if its to far off. Or make it blessed lol

Bromista

Grandmaster
Hrmm. Well staff will be able to balance all of these things on the fly if they are completely under-utilized on either side. Don't forget that fellas.

If they take the time to code the shit you can bet yer boots they are going to see it in action.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Hrmm. Well staff will be able to balance all of these things on the fly if they are completely under-utilized on either side. Don't forget that fellas.

If they take the time to code the shit you can bet yer boots they are going to see it in action.
I just saw them say rdas are to easy.
I got raped upon entrance. 8 basalisks on the gate in

Doobey, you are absolutely insane. If you think these hammers will be worth anywhere over 500k, you're out of your mind. Ok yea, a few people with tons of money to burn may drop 1-3 million to get one of the first ones. However, after that, these are going to be a piece of cake to get. Slayer armor will be cheap, and further, these "rare" decorations will turn out to not really be all that rare.

Let's be real -- items that are 100% UNIQUE are not even worth 100-200 million. Within a month, there will be dozens of these things... not rare or valuable at all.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Doobey, you are absolutely insane. If you think these hammers will be worth anywhere over 500k, you're out of your mind. Ok yea, a few people with tons of money to burn may drop 1-3 million to get one of the first ones. However, after that, these are going to be a piece of cake to get. Slayer armor will be cheap, and further, these "rare" decorations will turn out to not really be all that rare.

Let's be real -- items that are 100% UNIQUE are not even worth 100-200 million. Within a month, there will be dozens of these things... not rare or valuable at all.
I'm not talking Bout when there are 100 hammers out... That dude got one if the first shards... When someone has 8 shards of this first through tenth hammer created that shards gunna be worth way more then 30k which was offered.

It's gunna be 150k I bet. And that's who I'm trying to convince.... Not you... Or the server. This is his post and I'm trying to help him maximize the value of his shard. When.u get one I promise I won't say shit. <3

Also if the first person with a hammer doesnt make 100 mil off it.... He ain't trying hard enough.

besttherewas

Grandmaster
RDA bosses have 30k hps and reflect damage/spawn undead.

They aren't easy to kill and you have to be in a group.

on top of that you have constant blue crashers (weak blue guilds like tba, toke etc) trying to leech.

All that for 1 shard... worth atleast 250k-500k per shard unless there are other easier ways to collect them.