Santa's Gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Can't blame them though.
In perspective, it'd be pretty dumb to make a 10+ mil item for a speedy looter.
Their focus is taking money out of the game, not making the rich richer.

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
Can't blame them though.
In perspective, it'd be pretty dumb to make a 10+ mil item for a speedy looter.
Their focus is taking money out of the game, not making the rich richer.
what fucking sense does that even make. That would not put any money into the game. It would only make a scenario where said wealth would change hands.

Malcate

Master
But no, I don't blame them. The confusion came from me PMing Alan. I read a thread where it had said holiday items would all be blessed, and I assumed this meant those drops as well. When I messaged Alan he told me:

"Still working on this bless issue."

That is a direct quote. I took that to mean they were going to be blessed. I had PMed Shane as well, and Shane said they were not to be. I know it is Shane's shard, and his word is final. His defense was that the club should not be blessed, should it? I agree, it should not. My point of contention is simply that the gloves only offer 1AC when naked, and if you put any other armor on, they actually give 0AR. Unlike ranger armor, which is blessed, unbreakable, and offers 20AR. Like I said though, his shard, his rules. I just wanted to see what happened when you cut them up.

Malcate

Master
And you are correct Garet. As many know though, I have had an argument or two with staff in regard to how overwhelming the donation store is in comparison to: BOD reward, gold sink, and platinum vendors. To be honest, I think had almost anyone else gotten the gloves, they would have been blessed. Luckily for me, I snagged up Santa's hat so I have a memento I can wear out and about

Nihilism

Grandmaster
what fucking sense does that even make. That would not put any money into the game. It would only make a scenario where said wealth would change hands.

Uhm... What sense would it make for you to assume I even remotely said anything about money being PUT into the game?
No shit it exchanges hands, thus making the rich richer...
Do you just post for the sake of typing, or do you even fucking read shit? Comprehension... work on it before you attempt to talk shit about posts...

The underlying point was that they don't WANT to simply throw down 10mil checks for fast looters.

Malcate

Master
Everyone is up in arms over the matter, when I am the one in question and could care less. Each cash lotto we had, I dropped 2m+ on. The IBD one, I spent 10k dono coins on. It's just gold, it's just pixels. It comes and goes. I respect their choice to not bless them, but I think it was silly. They made an item that would simply sit in a bank.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
it is what it is. Think of it this way... How hard was the Cure to get... it just sits in my bank too.
In the long run though, the more prices go down on shit the better... will make for new players (come expansion time) to actually be able to afford things without massive inflation.

You coulda been a decent person and sold em to someone who woulda used them. I coulda told you it wouldnt make white leather. lol wtg

Malcate

Master
Who's going to use a pair of gloves with no armor...? I figured it wouldn't, as they were most likely not dyed but had a .tw command used to change hue.

Decreamos

Grandmaster
Shane said these gloves are not meant to be blessed, for whatever reason I am not sure, considering they give less AR than ranger armor.

With that said, I will be cutting them up in protest, and have the only piece of pure white leather on the shard whilst destroying a part of shard history.

RAAAAAAAAAAGE! LOL

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
Uhm... What sense would it make for you to assume I even remotely said anything about money being PUT into the game?
No shit it exchanges hands, thus making the rich richer...
Do you just post for the sake of typing, or do you even fucking read shit? Comprehension... work on it before you attempt to talk shit about posts...

The underlying point was that they don't WANT to simply throw down 10mil checks for fast looters.
Again, you said "Their focus is taking money out of the game, not making the rich richer". How else is anyone suppose to take it? By you saying the lil bit about taking money OUT of the game that say not making the rich richer, half a brain reads that as you saying its putting money in the game.... Maybe you should work on comprehending the meaning of what you write.

Malcate

Master
Lol guys, let the thread die. The item is gone forever. Now wait for them to be on the donation vendor and get your pair then. Only 25000 coins. *rolls eyes*

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Someone's supposed to take it as it was written. Not for hidden meanings, because if I meant to say what *YOU* took from it, I would have written it. I didn't, hence it shouldn't have even been considered. All I said is that they were trying to take money out of the game, and that this particular item would make the rich richer. Two different points. Nothing to do with money going in.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
IT's Christmas they decided to be generous and give us some items, i think you are all overthinking it, they were just giving us stuff for christmas , not doing gold sink or anything like that lol , be appreciative!

Malcate

Master
Yeah. It was just a Christmas event with rewards. The event was fun, the rewards were fun. Would I have liked to be able to display the gloves? Of course. I was among other things, a historian with Famine on Siege, and helped Gwydion of Chessy put his museum together as well. The best museum still lays at the West entrance of Umbra on Baja. I like that sort of thing. Would I have sold them? Absolutely. I'm an investor and seller of items, not a collector. Sadly, there is no museum here. The rares market is rather poor due to donation items overshadowing the majority of rares. Gold is very inconsequential here. As it stands I have around 150 yards of Fallon, metal red, and ice white. But why sell them? Everyone here has HUNDREDS of vanqs. I don't even keep most powers unless they are of desired type. I take them to Brit GY and hand them out. This is a UOR shard. You don't have artifacts. The most it ever cost to outfit your character is about 20k. My use for gold had been sharing it. The last 20 smith I got? I gave to Blaine. When I came here with the only people I knew, I funded their castle(DP). I try to help new players. I spent 5 hours at Brit forge burning shadow runics for new players to have slayers. I made 30 suits for new guys because it is fun for me. I don't need gold. I can buy and sell alone and make millions a week. I've talked about gold sinks and how crucial they were, and put my money where my mouth is. I'm about 6m poorer from them. That's what money is here: expendable.

And it was obviously just a troll: I didn't cut the gloves. As that are worthless to me, I would just as soon GMs make a monument to signify the first UOF Christmas and donate them. Don't get so bent out of shape over pixels. Some of you guys need a Xanax and a hobby if you think cutting up a 5m item is earth shattering.

C

Carl

Locking this thread so much whining.

1st. we never said the items santa dropped would be blessed nor did we say his clothing would be blessed so http://mrnussbaum.com/reading_comprehension_printable/

2nd. If you choose to cut the gloves of course it wouldn't be white, do you really think we would allow players to have rare colored leather that they can craft into other items? These items are made to be displayed for decoration in your home. We are not going to bless your armor.

3rd. Malcate you have been warned multiple times and banned from the forum and irc for your constant negative attitude. You have something to ***** about with every patch or event we run here. This is not EA/OSI quit trying to compare us to other servers making a fool of yourself with your constant childish whining. It's pretty sad when over 70% of the shit you post here on the forums is negative and apparently a privilege you do not deserve.

Finally Santa dropped a ton of items today and though we have a deadline with the Expansion we take the time to bring events and free loot during a time of holiday. No one forces anyone to take part of these events but those who do have a chance at winning epic loot and a crap ton of loot was given out today. Those who were online after santa's death all received rewards in your bank.

Also Santa was scripted of course by Alan and he put a lot of time in to that script. He was 100% automated no staff controlled him so for those of you who got to see him in action today got to see something completely new to UO.

Status
Not open for further replies.