Returning Player lost account

EMPstrike

Neophyte
I returned to the server after leaving in December. My second account was the account my brother used when i lived with him, and he doesnt use it anymroe and cannot remember the account name. He knows the password but doesnt know what is uppercase or not.

Is it safe to create a new second account? Or is there a way to recover the old one?

Didnt know where to post this. sicne it is sort of a "connection issue" i figured this was close to the right place :)

Kith kannen

Master
I would think you could create a new second account...I believe its the IP they use to tell if you go over 2 accounts,

EMPstrike

Neophyte
It was on this same laptop so i wasnt sure. SUrely they will see the old account is inactive indefinately if i do, right?

halygon

Grandmaster
It was on this same laptop so i wasnt sure. SUrely they will see the old account is inactive indefinately if i do, right?
You do know that you can recover the account name (if on the same computer) by looking in the directory that all the character profiles (settings) are saved? On windows 7 it is under My Documents. It organizes the character profiles first by shard, then by account name -- so that is how you can find the account name.

EMPstrike

Neophyte
I found the accoutn name but the password isnt correct, and the password field is blank in the UO.cfg file so i dont know the password.
Thanks for the help tho at least i knwo the account name is right now.

halygon

Grandmaster
I found the accoutn name but the password isnt correct, and the password field is blank in the UO.cfg file so i dont know the password.
Thanks for the help tho at least i knwo the account name is right now.
Yeah, passwords wouldn't be saved there, but if you know the email address(and have access to it) I think you can reset your password for that account.