Really that hard to find a 7x7 plot location?

jixjax

Novice
Maybe I'm messing up the placement tool, but I feel like I can't find any 7x7 spots. The ones I do find that look like they could fit, I keep getting the placement error no matter how many times I play with the positioning. Bit annoying as a new player, but I guess them's the breaks.

Any tips on where to look for an open small plot?
Or perhaps tips on the placement tool - I remember it can be finnicky from old UO.

Cheers

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
You pay attention to the tile required between house and trees, and the 5 tiles South or North of any house nearby?

Basically, to place a 7x7 with no other house around, you need a 9x9 spot.

kurtis

Grandmaster
I just checked again and know a spot for a very quiet, spawn-free 9x14 three-story and a spot for a 13x12 two-story. Feel free to message me on IRC for a gate to either (name kurtis).

Also, if you're going to settle for something like a 7x7, I'd make sure it's in a primo spot because you should have lots of options. I would think about what kind of char you are going to play the most, and pick a general location that caters to that. You can almost surely get stuff near the minoc moongate, which is a nice beginner spot. I very recently threw up a small second house around there as a vendor spot and I was torn between 2-3 places.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigp3rm

Apprentice
I just checked again and know a spot for a very quiet, spawn-free 9x14 three-story and a spot for a 13x12 two-story. Feel free to message me on IRC for a gate to either (name kurtis).

Also, if you're going to settle for something like a 7x7, I'd make sure it's in a primo spot because you should have lots of options. I would think about what kind of char you are going to play the most, and pick a general location that caters to that. You can almost surely get stuff near the minoc moongate, which is a nice beginner spot. I very recently threw up a small second house around there as a vendor spot and I was torn between 2-3 places.
Hi I'm a new player here and i am also looking for a place to put a house. Let me know if you have any other spots you know about!

Dorcha

Expert
Does anyone else have their game client show the house preview in the totally wrong place before you click on the ground? Is it supposed to do that?

halygon

Grandmaster
Does anyone else have their game client show the house preview in the totally wrong place before you click on the ground? Is it supposed to do that?
Some say its due to your game window not in the to left corner of the main uo window (yes you can move the gameplay screen around the UO desktop). Others say that it's just bugged for custom plots. Regardless, you can always place properly if you put the target cursor (ignoring the house foot print ) in the tile that should be the center front tile of the house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jixjax

Novice
Some say its due to your game window not in the to left corner of the main uo window (yes you can move the gameplay screen around the UO desktop). Others say that it's just bugged for custom plots. Regardless, you can always place properly if you put the target cursor (ignoring the house foot print ) in the tile that should be the center front tile of the house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This fixed my placement issues!

Thanks so much - now have a 9x14 plot thanks to another kind player.

Great community :)