Question on Duel Pits

Defari

Adept
I was at the trading district on the docks in Brit earlier today and noticed people dueling in the pits - I was wondering if someone could give me a run down on how these operate (i.e. how to challenge someone to a duel, what happens if you die etc.). Also, what is the penalty for dying: is it full loot/do you lose your gear (or can take your oppoents)?

I'm pretty excited - it looks like an awesome way to get one's feet wet in pvp!

halygon

Grandmaster
I was at the trading district on the docks in Brit earlier today and noticed people dueling in the pits - I was wondering if someone could give me a run down on how these operate (i.e. how to challenge someone to a duel, what happens if you die etc.). Also, what is the penalty for dying: is it full loot/do you lose your gear (or can take your oppoents)?

I'm pretty excited - it looks like an awesome way to get one's feet wet in pvp!

Lol "Trading District".

Anyways... You say "I wish to duel" out loud and a duel options menu will appear. Set the options you want and then add another player to the player list so that you can "duel" them. They will be prompted with an acceptance screen that also shows the options you selected. Then you both will be transported to a dueling pit.

The pits cannot be exited till the fight is over and your opponent will be orange, which means they are freely attackable -- no murder counts can be given out. Fight to the death and when you (or your opponent) die, you are automatically resurrected outside of the pit you were fighting in, with all of your stuff. You do not lose any of your equipment, but consumables are used (ie.. Bandages, potions, reagents).

As you pointed out, it's a great place to learn pvp without the risk of losing everything when you die.