question about veterinary

Creeep

Neophyte
I'm stuck at 88 exactly. It won't budge. Does anyone know of an effective way to gm it from there? I'd appreciate any input. Thanks!

I've never trained it, but I assume it's similar to Healing and you'll get best gains by trying to resurrect a bonded pet. However, from what I understand, I think bonded pets will auto-res when you succeed, this means you also need to include something in your macro that will kill your bonded pet over and over. I guess something like...

Cast Spell Fireball
Wait for Target (Edit Timeout to 2s)
Target Fluffybunny (Bonded)
Pause 0.5s
Use Bandaid
Wait for Target (Edit Timeout to 2s)
Target Fluffybunny (Bonded)
Pause 8.0s
!Loop

...I'm assuming doing this on a notoriously weak creature, such as a rabbit/chicken/small bird would work best.

The "Super guide to most everything" thread states that...

Veterinary
I would assume you have animal taming and possibly pets. get your pets and make them fight each other.
Get your bandiads ready and heal.
Try doing something like 2 bears because they dont take too much health off each other.

May also attempt to rez dead bonded pet as well ( same concept as healing )

...it's the only thread I found searching for "veterinary guide" on forums.

Actually, with further research, I found this thread, too.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9538&hilit=train+veterinary

It seems to contradict the part where I say bonded pets auto-res... Anyhow, test around, but the best way to get it done is resing a bonded pet, now matter how you do it or what method actually works.

Good luck!

Bane Krigor

Neophyte
Get a friend to kill his bonded pet and leave it there.
If he isn't on the screen it won't actually rez the pet, but it will gain and you can continue to bandage up until GM..

raezion420

Apprentice
Bane Krigor said:
Get a friend to kill his bonded pet and leave it there.
If he isn't on the screen it won't actually rez the pet, but it will gain and you can continue to bandage up until GM..
This.

You will get there fast as you can doing this method.

Messremb

Grandmaster
At 70 vet I got my alt with a bonded horse killed it in the sewers and ran a healing macro on it with a 5 second pause. 4ish hours later and 3000ish aids I was GM.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I know this thread is old, but I'd like to add some important vet info to the fold.

If you don't have lore, vet won't GM off of healing a dead bonded animal. I had dropped lore to work other abilities, then tried to GM vet in town: it stopped at 99.0 (88 real). It stayed there after 2,500 bandages. Once I GMed lore, vet GMed rather easily.

Just a note.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk