Promoting world pvp by having less people fighting?

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Well that can't make sense, can it?
So I believe by changing the negative act timers we can create more pvp and more balance.
Currently 120 seconds is the timer for criminal acts I personally find this very short.
Please feel free to comment on any and all proposed changes:
Min criminal timer 300 seconds(5min)
Remove easy tracking but make stealing a ten minute timer (less Regent thieves but big item thieves can still go for a score)
Remove stat loss but if multiple players go criminal from going aggressive to the same blue have it add an additional 300 seconds per attacker. This promotes solo or small group pk battles and if people choose to zerg they can expect to have anti pk showing up. Also can't use a gate if criminal.

I think this would allow for more epic battles between small groups and give people a chance to come back for a round two in fights.

As a side I think the looting rights could be tweak a little to ensure that a person must do 25% damage for looting rights and if no one achieved this amount then top 3.

Just some thoughts feel free to tell me why they won't work.

10 minute stealing timer? That's one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever heard. You do know some people play PvP thieves, and a huge part of their survival depends upon stealing your bandages, regs, arrows, weapons -- all while mage fighting you.

Its amazing how most of these ideas would effect thieves more than pvping. If you are looking to change the rules on this shard, perhaps youd be better off in creating your own shard that you could regulate the rules on.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Its amazing how most of these ideas would effect thieves more than pvping. If you are looking to change the rules on this shard, perhaps youd be better off in creating your own shard that you could regulate the rules on.
The idea is to lose the tracking of thieves but there needs to be a trade off.

Metalhead-

Master
5 min criminal timer? So instead of just recalled after 2 minutes they bugger off in the woods and hide for an extra 3. It won't change anything.

At least ya tried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Five mind gives a chance to organize retaliation. The idea of extending timer for ganks I think would be huge. My favorite memories of uo was one pk messing with blues outnumbered but way better skilled and prepared. (I enjoyed this from both sides of the action) now the pk outnumber the under prepared blue and it is nothing more than a slaughter most of the time. When I solo pk is one of three things they recall they die or they call ganks squad. No one wants to 1v1 since it's generally expected that one pk means four.

berticus

Grandmaster
10 minute timer is beyond outlandish. i could see making an argument for 30 second, provided it was a successful attempt. if i failed on a weapon and couldnt try again in a short time you'd be neutering a disarm thief intensely.

I can appreciate the ideas for pushing for some reform. The fact that so many 100 sets of skill points can be undone by having 0 hard points invested into certain skills along with some magery is a bit disheartening.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
10 minute timer is beyond outlandish. i could see making an argument for 30 second, provided it was a successful attempt. if i failed on a weapon and couldnt try again in a short time you'd be neutering a disarm thief intensely.
This is criminal timer not skill use timer.
So as a thief I can still steal as much as I want but by making it a longer grey time and removing the easy tracking mode the cat and mouse game can be played a little better.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
This is what happens when Trams suggest pvp changes.
Lmao solid argument... Im looking to increase pvp action and decrease gank squad but thats tram. I play a pk a theif and a tamer each fairly equally I just dont see any incentive or options for an anti-pk. Obviously you dont want a real fight just recall in jump a bard and get out befor a pvp char shows up...

Lmao solid argument... Im looking to increase pvp action and decrease gank squad but thats tram. I play a pk a theif and a tamer each fairly equally I just dont see any incentive or options for an anti-pk. Obviously you dont want a real fight just recall in jump a bard and get out befor a pvp char shows up...

I don't think you have any fuckin clue what you're talking about.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I don't think you have any fuckin clue what you're talking about.
There is some good world pvp with idocs and a few guilds but in general there is a lot of scub pks who can solo (my guess is you fit this category nicely) my thing is pk my tamer all you want but I want a chance (whether win or lose) to come at you with my pvp sure you can still run and hide but gating out right away is well lame. If youve come for a fight be ready for one. The bigger the group the longer the criminal effect the more time I can get somewhat even numbers the MORE PVP! Not just drop a bard move on.

There is some good world pvp with idocs and a few guilds but in general there is a lot of scub pks who can solo (my guess is you fit this category nicely) my thing is pk my tamer all you want but I want a chance (whether win or lose) to come at you with my pvp sure you can still run and hide but gating out right away is well lame. If youve come for a fight be ready for one. The bigger the group the longer the criminal effect the more time I can get somewhat even numbers the MORE PVP! Not just drop a bard move on.

Because the only thing this is going to accomplish is allowing a group of 4-5 blue tamers to come wreck a group of 2-3 reds and insta-stat them.

Congrats.

The REAL pk/pvp groups on this server will take 2-3 and fight a group of 4-6 regardless.

* and the criminal effect timer length is not your problem.. whether it's two minutes or ten minutes you can still just gate out with another char

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Because the only thing this is going to accomplish is allowing a group of 4-5 blue tamers to come wreck a group of 2-3 reds and insta-stat them.

Congrats.
Actually I said as part of it was to remove stat, but reading is hard and yes it will allow ppl to come and fight hence more pvp and hence my point! But ty for making it so clearly. Most good pks would gladly take on 2-3 vs 4-5 tamers but ... well.

Actually I said as part of it was to remove stat, but reading is hard and yes it will allow ppl to come and fight hence more pvp and hence my point! But ty for making it so clearly. Most good pks would gladly take on 2-3 vs 4-5 tamers but ... well.

Read the post just below yours on the forum.

Whining about pk's needing harsher penalties.