PC Gargoyle Pickaxe

Tynder

Master
Not a whole lot as they are not terribly rare being a low end BS BOD reward item. My understanding is that they bump the ore found in a particular spot up one level and you get a small chance of digging up a colored ore elemental. Cool if you can spawn a valorite elemental (or a even a valorite elemental paragon) since you get okay loot and 25 ore from the elemental, but chances of the spawn are rather low. I have been unlucky enough to burn completely through a pick axe with no elemental spawning. Just as an FYI, you will want to tackle valorite elementals from a distance due to what appears to be deadly poison.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah they drop off gargoyles pretty frequently, I've burned through a dozen or so but have never bought/sold any so I can't tell you what they sell for.

Will valorite elementals really spawn paragon? Those things must be hell to kill, reglar valorite eles take forever to kill even with my lumberjack!

Tynder

Master
Only seen one. After my miner died after one hit and poison, brought in my provo-archer alt and provoked all of Sosaria's woodland creatures on it as a meat shield. 50+ arrows later, and many, many dead horses, it went down. I lost a lot of karma that evening. Unfortunately, other than birds and rabbits, not a lot available in that particular neck of the woods. No chest or anything spectacular other than 800ish gold and 25 ore.

I've also had a golden ore paragon, but not nearly as tough.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Good god...

What lvl tmaps do regular val eles drop? Haven't gotten one of those either but that had better be a high ass level chest it drops!

I also wonder about ore elemental statues.

Tynder

Master
The one I managed to pull up did not have a T-map on him, but it looks like there is a chance to drop. UOGuide says level 1, which I guess would mean a level 2 on a paragon? Also noticed per the guide, that provoked creatures do no damage, which explains why it sucked so bad. (Not that horses, bunnies, and birds are effective melee fighters...)

http://www.uoguide.com/Valorite_Elemental

Doomsayer

Grandmaster
I had a very lovely valorite elemental paragon spawn on me today, great fun for a crafter char miner without fighting skills.
MIND YOU, it didnt help much when I brought any of my fighting chars in :D
A tamer came by with his dragons and we gave it a shot without much success. Probably takes 2-4 tamers to kill one of these bastards, bleh.

Tynder

Master
Being mounted and having a high end bow (and a lot of arrows and patience) or an elemental slayer weapon will allow you to solo it. Close combat melee sucks as they hit really hard and the dang poison gas attack make it tough to go toe to toe.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Problem with valo elems is they completely destroy your armor and weapon. Plus they are extremely resistant and deal insane DMG. For 25 valo. You say they drop 800 gold? So it's a 2k reward, approx, for a beast you most certainly can't kill with the char that can pop it.

That being said, I summoned one everytime I tried. Musta been lucky.

Tynder

Master
yourdaddy said:
Problem with valo elems is they completely destroy your armor and weapon. Plus they are extremely resistant and deal insane DMG. For 25 valo. You say they drop 800 gold? So it's a 2k reward, approx, for a beast you most certainly can't kill with the char that can pop it.

That being said, I summoned one everytime I tried. Musta been lucky.

Agreed. Not really worth the hassle. Unless you have archery on your miner, I think your chances of dropping it without bringing in an alt are slim and none. I think the last time I had a toon with mining and archery was sometime in early 1998 on Napa.