Old UO player looking to come back...

Gamergirl

Journeyman
So I just heard about this the other day. I've been dancing a jigg since then. I'm beyond thrilled and can't wait to play. However I don't have a computer that can handle it. I've been thinking about a laptop. What is the absolute minimum graphics, memory and so on that I would need to play?

Dude its 2014 and you still cant run uo, anyways welcome to UOF.Heres specs:
Windows 98/XP/Vista/7
CPU 400 MHz Intel Pentium II
RAM 128 MB
CD/DVD-Rom Speed 4x
Hard Drive Space 1.5 GB free hard disk space plus space for saved character profiles,
Windows swap-file, and DirectX 9.
Video 8 MB video card with DirectX 9.0 compatible driver for
Sound DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card
Internet Connection 56.6 Kbps or better

Gl in life sir

Gamergirl

Journeyman
Dude its 2014 and you still cant run uo, anyways welcome to UOF.Heres specs:
Windows 98/XP/Vista/7
CPU 400 MHz Intel Pentium II
RAM 128 MB
CD/DVD-Rom Speed 4x
Hard Drive Space 1.5 GB free hard disk space plus space for saved character profiles,
Windows swap-file, and DirectX 9.
Video 8 MB video card with DirectX 9.0 compatible driver for
Sound DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card
Internet Connection 56.6 Kbps or better

Gl in life sir
Thank you:)

Gamergirl

Journeyman
Is this Dor from Sonoma?..she always had a....retro/ throwback PC...to run UO on
If not, welcome to the best UO in years anyway.
No. I used to play GL. But I did have a char on Sonoma. I don't remember her name. Can I recover old characters from old accounts?

No. I used to play GL. But I did have a char on Sonoma. I don't remember her name. Can I recover old characters from old accounts?
No its not linked to EA servers at all. You have to make new characters 2 accounts max with 3 character on each.. Lucky skill gain is fast here and even faster in dungeons. Make use of the noob dungeon just outside the inn where u spawn. You can easy make 50k gold in their while your young killing stone harpies mummys and liches

Gamergirl

Journeyman
If you dare, I heard the MS surface pro's were on sale recently for under $500.

If I dare. Funny. :). I went with a dell again. Couldn't help it. The last xps I got was amazing. And it's still going strong but I wanted more freedom with a laptop. I hate being cooped up in the office.

ekedin

Neophyte
I'm playing the game on my laptop with only a cpu since the graphics card burnt out and it works fine lol. It is a little laggy when there's a lot of people around, but it still works fine.

Celtdric

You know what, I wish I didn't toss my old pc from 10+ years ago :) Games from that era tend to run much better on the rigs they were designed for.