Newb account questions.

murmer

Neophyte
1.) Is there any way to resset passwords? I made an account and my keyboard sticks really bad..well the password I entered must have had keys sicking...so I'm about 75% sure what my password actually is..I have a character on that account that I made and I'd really like to keep the name as it was the name of a character that I played for 8 years on OSI servers. I am looking to find old friends and would like to do that under my name. Which is now taken by me because I can't figure out what my keyboard did to my password : (

2.) I was wondering why it takes so long to verify accounts? When i hit the green arrow on he title screen it says 'verifying account' but does so for about 5 mins +. After it takes so long I back out of it and try again? I have re-installed once already.

Xonryz

Apprentice
You can create a new password in-game with the [password command. If you're not currently in-game on the account, you will have to petition it on the forums.

I have no idea what you mean about verifying accounts, I have not been required to do this. *Unless you mean when you try to log in. I'm not sure, it may be a connectivity problem on your end. If the Account name and/or PW is wrong, it will tell you so.

Edit: Since the petitions section is down on the forums, PM one of the staff members, you'll want to include your account name, they will be able to assign you a temporary password so you can log in and change it.

You may also want to include some details so they can verify that it's yours, like when you made it and what the character's name is, both of which they'll be able to verify if they want to.

murmer

Neophyte
You can create a new password in-game with the [password command. If you're not currently in-game on the account, you will have to petition it on the forums.

I have no idea what you mean about verifying accounts, I have not been required to do this. *Unless you mean when you try to log in. I'm not sure, it may be a connectivity problem on your end. If the Account name and/or PW is wrong, it will tell you so.

Edit: Since the petitions section is down on the forums, PM one of the staff members, you'll want to include your account name, they will be able to assign you a temporary password so you can log in and change it.

You may also want to include some details so they can verify that it's yours, like when you made it and what the character's name is, both of which they'll be able to verify if they want to.
Most helpful! Thanks very much! : )