New to server-Back to UO after long break - Where to start?

Alcsaar

Neophyte
Hello,

I've been gone from UO for a year or so at least since I had my last serious experience playing UO (on a private server), and I decided to start back up on this server. I'm looking for tips on how to start making gold, and what the most efficient character to build would be.

Typically I'd make a peace tamer for making gold, although I'm not opposed to making a provoker bard/mage.

For my first char I sat in newbie dungeon on a fencer and GM'd his fencing/hiding/ect, but with no magery and no real way to get runes to get around, I'm not sure how effective he would be. Really I would just need to make enough gold to GM magery on my tamer/bard or whatever you guys suggest if you have a strong case.

So, what kind of tips do you guys have for me? I have no idea how tough it is to raise a tamer, or how dangerous hunting is atm. Possibly skill-gaining guides if you suggest provocation/whatever else as possibly choices.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need like 20k to GM Magery on this shard, so take your GM fencer to a GY or whatever easy spawn and farm that gold, GM that Magery, mark those runes, and start having fun.

I highly suggest a Mage/Bard (Magery/Meditation/Eval/Music/Provo/+2 Skills) to get started, too. It takes like a day to macro up, compared to a Tamer which takes like 2-3 weeks to GM.

thechemicals

Apprentice
Uo has always been the same. Make a warrior to feed your mage who will eventually EV his way to 100k per day. Then tamers and provos.

thechemicals

Apprentice
Yes. A tamer can make that much or triple in one kill. Provo is not far behind either. Those are the money making templates.

My girl is a tmap template and im a warrior and we make about 30k every 30-40 minutes doing adept and devious maps. If we did just that for 8 straight hours we would have about 500k per day. We dont though.