New player

Athaluss

Evening all ,

Soooo.... just found i can play UO again ( been a good few years ...) . Have read up a fair bit , but struggling to find somewhere that is " safe " for a new guy to start out without constantly getting pk'd...

Any suggestions... or really a case of constantly keeping an eye out ? ( seems no matter what i do to get money , always losing it <g> ).

thanks all

Xonryz

Apprentice
If you die multiple times to players in the same area, you're doing something wrong.

The game world is HUGE and losing all of your things should be a very rare occurrence, especially once you have.. some money. Make more frequent trips to the bank. Downsize what you carry with you. Do that until you're comfortable with an area, and yes, somebody might just kill you at any point but that's part of the game!

In my experience, forests are pretty much empty here as PKs tend to go for areas that players actually frequent, consider it risk vs reward - more residential areas like around mountains (minoc especially) may not be as safe, as people live there and if there is an idoc nearby you may just well get PK'd.