new player to UO Forever, not UO

Atma

Neophyte
things as a (brand new player day 5'ish to UOF, versus 2000 OSI ultima) that need fixed

1. monsters don't face what they are attacking. provoke two monsters, they look at whatever direction they feel like. when this is clustered, especially with pets, you don't know which monster is hitting your pet (or other monsters)
  2. when the Enter button is pushed, your text box is up. while your text box is up, you cannot do ANY hotkeys through razor (unsure of the in game ones). i can't tell you how many times i have a text box up (somehow), and trying to use abilities and they don't happen. it took me a while to figure out that dash (and a few others) are command prompts for the server and would l literally disable all my hotkeys by this.
  3. peacemake doesnt seem to work. i have GM peacemake helping my friend tame a dragon. He starts the tame, i peacemake (success), dragon still attacks him. read on current forums that majority state its trash, so i dropped it. Not sure if i have to be up dragon's ass or not, but range is a possibility
  4. speaking of range - provocation. there was some extending limits to using this before; I could provoke, walk off screen, maybe one more at MAX, then come back to have the monsters still attacking. on this UOF server, i have to stay on screen, fairly close, or the monsters lose their aggro on each other. the problem this incorporates is that i can't go get new monsters
  5. The all encompassing focus of this shard in my few days, are the META pets. These are fun and a good time (i can't wait to get one!). however, this does limit your gameplay without having one. Want to do a champ spawn without em? good luck. Want to kill a paragon Collector of Souls? yeah, right. these are A MUST for farming/"end game" events
  6. dungeons are mixed up on monster locations and spawns compared to OSI. This is a good and bad thing. I do like seeing the differences, but sometimes it makes a dungeon not as occupied (worse monsters or insane spawn) or mainly it means going somewhere your META dragon can grab the most cash and the rest of the players are kinda left behind with rough spawn numbers. bone knight room at deceit? well, now its a lich bone knight room.
  7. after killing monsters their HP bars STAY ON SCREEN. i have 10 bars on screen? have to constantly close them. this gets tedious during champion spawns or when a buddy is bringing mobs to our location
  8. The meta parts are a little hard to grasp (how do i get an egg? oh random portal. how do i know bout portals? 1 million gold for something to tell you) . details for this process step by step on their wiki would be better. i asked players in game and they essentially said "pay 500k to someone on discord". i want gameplay, not marketing scheme to corporate UO players (lol)

Good things that i highly enjoy

1. all of the QOL stuff. My ideal UO would be Renaissance UO with updates to UI, Graphics and interface. This server hits most of it. The loot system is great, brings up a box window and you click it to put it in your bag versus drag and drop. The only negative to the previous setnence is it doesn't show you what's in bags if there are bags on the loot.
  2. TARGETING - this is amazing. 5 monsters in a group? draw a square - all of their HP boxes come up!! superb
  3. the new dungeons. i highly enjoy exploring new content and these dungeons o(r addons to dungeons) are a lot of fun. my opinion, create new content and put it there. ideally for me, a veteran of UO, - leave "what we know" the same.
  4. the seasonal halloween event is a good time. i love the paragon and hallolween monsters. adds variety and when i kill one i feel accomplished, since i don't have a meta dragon

This is a good server and im enjoying myself a bunch on it. these are mainly MINOR critiques, but thing's i would have changed since inception of the server. As i said, I have played less than a week. i have tamer (70) bard, an archer bard, and a hiding lumberjack. highly recommend