New Player Questions - PvM, Craft and some others

notrinium

Hello eveyone. I recently started playing UO again after stumbling upon a video from this server. And I have to say, this is probably one of the best servers I've ever seen.

I've been playing UO since 5 years, but I never actually had a chance to play the game uninterrupted for long. So I am still very green in some of the key aspects of the game, namely PvM and PvP. I'd also like to learn more about the economy in the server. So, here are my questions:

1-) I'd like to play as a PvM dexxer. Is that viable, or would other fighting skills (SW or mace) would be better?
100 Fencing
100 Parry
100 Anatomy
100 Heal
100 Tactics
100 Resist

And probably end the template with poisoning. Is this template viable, if not what should be changed?

2-) Right now I have all these skill GM'd other than healing (70 ish) and resist (haven't started yet). I really dislike afk sparring, or leveling in towns. Which dungeons would have a good risk/reward ratio at this point. ( I have absolutely no gear ofc)

3-) Moving on from that, which dungeons should I visit in order to start gathering some better weapons and armor.

4-) I couldn't find a good guide to PvM in UO anywhere online. Are there any good sources for that?

5-) Again, are there any good guides for PvP? I'd also like to learn if there is a good way to practice PvP without the frustrations. Looks like every dungeon is crawling with reds. No respect for noobs at all... *Shakes his head disapprovingly* :).

6-) Are there any noob-friendly guilds, where I can learn the ropes active in this server.

Moving to crafting questions

6-) What would be the quickest way for a non-combat character go earn money in this server?
7-) Does blacksmiths make money? Blacksmithy have always been my favorite crafter since I started UO, but I wonder if its worth the time here.
8) Is it possible to smelt all items of the same type? Or at least a way without having to press smelt button every time...

These are all the questions I have for now. Also, feel free to give tips and tricks that you think might prove useful. Thanks!

Edit:Added q number 8

Last edited by a moderator: