New Boat system

Skreww

Apprentice
me and 6 out of 8 of my mates are getting disconnected at sea. It seems to happen most often as soon as we have an encounter with another ship. Out of the 6 of us who were getting disconnected 4 of us have ran the new patcher. Is it fair that whirlpools are up and active if 75% of the server can not attend them? Almost all of us who do get disconnected have multiple uo clients installed. OSI uo, An Corp, Second ace exc. I noticed when running the new patcher it patched to a different uo, and I had to change the file settings to that uo via system. Also, had to relocate my steam macros to that particular uo file in order to retain my macros. Should we delete all uo files and install from the patcher a new copy? I am addicted to uo and can not seem to stop playing long enough to reinstall if I dont have to. Please let me know if there is a fix.

Skreww

Apprentice
MY SOLUTION:May not be the fixed, but it worked for me

1. UNINSTALL ALL uo's , every other freeshard or osi uninstall, but first you need to save your chr macros by going to documents-elec arts- USER DATA save the whole file.Also, save your steam files in program files under UOS go to profile and all your toons macros for steam will be there, copy them all and put them in a file with your uo macros.

2. after you have no uo on your cpu, Run the new patcher , it will say no version of uo detected, then you go to your program files and select ok( it will save uo under program files after you highlight it) then the patcher says INSTALL UO instead of PLAY

3. let it install AND UNZIP, i jumped the gun and extracted the zip folder instead of letting the UOF patcher extract it by itself

4. start uo log in then log out( this is jsut to create the steam folder in your uo file) then copy your macros and isnter into steam, and the new user data file
install uof patcher from

http://uoforever.com/patches/UOFLauncher.exe

Apparantly with my multiple clients all the updates were going towards the wrong uo. Probably an error I made when I first installed UO