Minoc Cave

So I used to play a very long time ago on the official servers and even played on this server for a while when it was first starting.

I have a question about the cave right next to Minoc.

If you are not sure which one it is this one: http://i.imgur.com/msJm1uQ.png

So every time I have ever started on a server since the 90's I always make a mule first, do some mining and make some gear.

This does not seem possible on this server although it used to be.

The very front small portion of this cave has always been considered in town and was the safe spot to get a little something to start. However as of starting on this server yesterday, it seems the town line has been moved all the way across the bridge. This cave is camped by reds 24/7 and every time I go anywhere near it I am killed and they steal all my shovels. Why do they take my shovels?

I cannot create even one ingot and after making a few alts to buy shovels with the starter gold and losing them as soon as I approached this cave I had to give up on this idea.

Where there not enough people for reds to harass that they needed to open up this small portion of the cave to PKing so that no one can start a miner here?

TL;DR why did they alter the town line in this location?

Mango

Grandmaster
no idea why they moved the townline ,however another good alternative could be above the bard building to the right of Britains Hammer & Smith shop. Fast mining, and 25% crafting bonus at the shop

Fisher Titus

Apprentice
when i started, i mined from the road that passes through the mountains to xroads, and mined all the way north to the farms, rinse and repeat, never once pk'd, may have been lucky though

There are a couple greifers who hang out at the mines. They are only there to ruin the NPE. Its quit sad that people need to greif new players. I would come back on my main and stat them when I first started to get a few hours of safe mining. They are terribad at PvP, thats probably why they greif new players.

If you can get to cove you can mine safely inside town limits. This is the only place I have found to be 100% safe.

So I used to play a very long time ago on the official servers and even played on this server for a while when it was first starting.

I have a question about the cave right next to Minoc.

If you are not sure which one it is this one: http://i.imgur.com/msJm1uQ.png

So every time I have ever started on a server since the 90's I always make a mule first, do some mining and make some gear.

This does not seem possible on this server although it used to be.

The very front small portion of this cave has always been considered in town and was the safe spot to get a little something to start. However as of starting on this server yesterday, it seems the town line has been moved all the way across the bridge. This cave is camped by reds 24/7 and every time I go anywhere near it I am killed and they steal all my shovels. Why do they take my shovels?

I cannot create even one ingot and after making a few alts to buy shovels with the starter gold and losing them as soon as I approached this cave I had to give up on this idea.

Where there not enough people for reds to harass that they needed to open up this small portion of the cave to PKing so that no one can start a miner here?

TL;DR why did they alter the town line in this location?

Interesting. The Trinsic Guard may need to begin patrolling the minoc caves for red scum... Only the lowest of the low would hunt blues there.

Torin

Adept
You should not be mining in minoc for any reason. Go to moonglow, skara or cove. Minoc mountain has always been infested with losers who can't kill non crafters, same with the orc cave

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk