Meta dexer questions

The Duke

Master
I'm trying to figure out a meta Dexter template. Which brings me to the following questions... Is it always best to use 2h weaps? If so, is LJ practically a requirement for a zerker dexer?

My current template is
Gm fencing, tactics, anat, heal, resist, hiding, 50 Mage and 50 stealth.

Plan is to go around naked for max do gains on tally, so 50 stealth won't fail often.

Any input appreciated.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
nah, you'll want to use 1 handed weapons so you can chug red pots, especially for things like leveling/using tread relic. Too much dps loss imo if you're constantly unequipping to drink pots. Also since you'll be leveling naked, stuff will kick your ass sometimes and you'll want to chug a heal pot asap and that half second it takes to unequip a 2H weapon could be the difference between life and death.

Why would you want stealth though? If I were you I would just GM magery. Much more useful. Bigger heals and never fail 1-6 circle spells. I'd rather have one dependable skill than two skills which you never know if they're gonna fail you or not.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
nah, you'll want to use 1 handed weapons so you can chug red pots, especially for things like leveling/using tread relic. Too much dps loss imo if you're constantly unequipping to drink pots. Also since you'll be leveling naked, stuff will kick your ass sometimes and you'll want to chug a heal pot asap and that half second it takes to unequip a 2H weapon could be the difference between life and death.

Why would you want stealth though? If I were you I would just GM magery. Much more useful. Bigger heals and never fail 1-6 circle spells. I'd rather have one dependable skill than two skills which you never know if they're gonna fail you or not.
If hes doing zerker stealth is required for phase shift.

The Duke

Master
so I guess my existing template is good? to go GM stealth and get the full benefit of the dmg bonus from phase shift, i'd have to go 50 resist... Idk if that's even viable. Is it?

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
I always have GM resist on all of my chars. It's too valuable in both pvm and pvp to not have. If you really want the extra dmg bonus from phase shift I'd GM hiding and stealth, drop magery, and keep your resist GM.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
I always have GM resist on all of my chars. It's too valuable in both pvm and pvp to not have. If you really want the extra dmg bonus from phase shift I'd GM hiding and stealth, drop magery, and keep your resist GM.
Im debating droping stealth for poisoning since im archery and phase is really hard to work with.

HellGuy

Adept
What I have is hide, stealth, fencing, tactics, anatomy, healing, poisoning should I try going for meta dexxer? And would poison and stealth can be used at same time? Or do I have to swap relics or something like that?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Gronk

Grandmaster
Is it worth having a talisman with archery? I have 100 anat, heal, arch, tact, medit, mag, resis what are recomm?

Wizx13

Grandmaster
Is it worth having a talisman with archery? I have 100 anat, heal, arch, tact, medit, mag, resis what are recomm?
I enjoy it only because ive been a archer in some form since uo launched its purely preference with me.
I like the poison arrows a lot, dp pots give me the wracked with extreme pain poison with out poisoning. In champs im usually top 3-5 in score.
Its a slow grind but I only use him for motm or champs.

The Gronk

Grandmaster
I enjoy it only because ive been a archer in some form since uo launched its purely preference with me.
I like the poison arrows a lot, dp pots give me the wracked with extreme pain poison with out poisoning. In champs im usually top 3-5 in score.
Its a slow grind but I only use him for motm or champs.
So if I carry DP Pots and shoot arrows occasionally the MOB will be poisoned?