Make Parry Increase Magic Resist

illusion

Master
I noticed that there aren't alot of Parry dexers on this server. I think it's useful in PvM for lower end monsters (except casters), but it's not as useful in PvP because for the most time you're going to be getting combo'd rather than getting hit with weapons. Because of that, most your top end PvP dexers are Poison/Alchy dexers, ignoring Parrying as it's somewhat useless.

To add a bit of variety in this, I'm suggesting increasing Magic Resist by a percentage of your Parry skill, example, 20%:
With no Parry: 100 Resist.
With GM Parry: 120 Resist.

Thoughts?

Nubs

I always felt that using a shield should have a chance to block any projectile spell completely.

Tonycakes

Grandmaster
my explosions already hit for 16 sometimes with GM magery GM eval. I say all combat skills stick to GM cap as they are.

Nubby

Apprentice
Love the idea when I first read it but after wargaming the future in my mind's eye not much would change. Everyone would avoid attacking the Parry user until all others were dead (unless everyone in the group uses Parry).

In order to get out of this paradox of Parry uselessness, it needs to have some offensive properties such as bash/stun so it doesn't rely solely on the other team allowing their skills to be used (by attacking this player).

Since Parry is the ultimate "team player" type character, aka meat shield a passive armor buff to others in the "party" might make it more viable as well if the offensive bash/stun wasn't possible (though that might make the most sense given other templates can stun).

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that there aren't alot of Parry dexers on this server. I think it's useful in PvM for lower end monsters (except casters), but it's not as useful in PvP because for the most time you're going to be getting combo'd rather than getting hit with weapons. Because of that, most your top end PvP dexers are Poison/Alchy dexers, ignoring Parrying as it's somewhat useless.

To add a bit of variety in this, I'm suggesting increasing Magic Resist by a percentage of your Parry skill, example, 20%:
With no Parry: 100 Resist.
With GM Parry: 120 Resist.

Thoughts?

Best would be if you can add dmg with a shield during the fights or stun ppl more. Like Mage/Parry.

illusion

Master
Best would be if you can add dmg with a shield during the fights or stun ppl more. Like Mage/Parry.

I think just buffing it's magic resist would be enough, even though in group PvP people might not target you, in those 1v1 (rare) scenarios and during PvM, the increased resist would help a decent amount.

gucci mane

Apprentice
parry is for nullifying dexxer weapon hits

you are looking for magic resist

use parry against a dexxer and you'll see why its made to counter them

illusion

Master
parry is for nullifying dexxer weapon hits

you are looking for magic resist

use parry against a dexxer and you'll see why its made to counter them

Right, see I'm suggesting to have parry also do magic resist, not asking what it currently does. Thanks for your input though.

gucci mane

Apprentice
Thanks for such a well constructed and intelligent reply. Now scurry along back into your brickhouse, you have some crack babies to feed.
Backtothetraphouse.jpg

BUR