Locked boxes for training lockpicking?

Still new here but from what I have read you can train lockpicking with a few tinker made boxes?

Does anyone here make them and sell them? I'm not rich by any means but I have no problem paying for the effort/materials.

Thanks!

halygon

Grandmaster
Still new here but from what I have read you can train lockpicking with a few tinker made boxes?

Does anyone here make them and sell them? I'm not rich by any means but I have no problem paying for the effort/materials.

Thanks!
Just so you know, you can only train on tinker made boxes up to 95 skill. From that point on, you must train on level 4+ dungeon chests. Check runelibraries for books to some of the dungeon chests out there. My rune library carries one, but others may have different locations -- just look around.

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Just so you know, you can only train on tinker made boxes up to 95 skill. From that point on, you must train on level 4+ dungeon chests. Check runelibraries for books to some of the dungeon chests out there. My rune library carries one, but others may have different locations -- just look around.

This. After 95, dungeon chests are the way to go. I have a couple runebooks locked down at my Ocllo Bank house with dungeon chests :)

Note, you can also gain off of paragon chests and picking treasure chests from tmaps

bzkl13

Apprentice
I just got GM lockpicking a couple days ago. Ditto to @Gill on the Valor-rite recommendation, a double ditto to @halygon & @Dwyane Wade on the dungeon chest rune libraries/t-map chest/paragon chest combo.

I used to Occolo bank vendor lockpicking rune books and just went through them many many times. Probably hundreds of chests. Good luck on your way to Grandmaster Infiltrator!

Last edited by a moderator:

bzkl13

Apprentice
On moonglow island, uhh, I think a little ways northeast of the east exit of town, look at @SteelSexi 's signature, I think she's got the details there

Gill

Master
Really?!!? i gave mine away and am now deciding to make my lockpick/ t-hunter on my other account so i can take my tamer with me and was going to buy another kit :(

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Would it help to have stealth to train LP? How about remove trap? I learned the hard way being surrounded by mobs and using telekinesis. Now I run around my Provo dexxer to kill everything first. Any better tips on what I can do to be more productive? Also, does the chest need to be emptied to reset?

bzkl13

Apprentice
I did it with just hiding, but stealth might be usefull. Though you still have to expose yourself to use tele. Remove trap can be used while hidden, so that solves the mob problem. If you have magery on that char you can use invisibility as well, though there's pluses and minuses to that as well.

I think the dungeon lockpicker template (as opposed to the treasure hunter template) has hiding/stealth/lockpicking/remove trap/magery etc. That particular combo though is really only useful in one context. Definitely faster and safer than bringing your bard in first.