Khaldun Chests

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
I am looking for some advice from those that have experience picking and solving chests in Khaldun. I added lockpicking to my char more as a utility to open paragon chests and thought I would have some fun. Found out the hard way that is it quite difficult. I have mage/med/picking/hiding/stealth - my problem is surviving - the pickable chests are ok as I can run away and use a spell to trigger the trap - NOT a good idea to stand too close as they appear to be over 100 damage!

I am having problems surviving at the puzzle chests as all are covered by spawn - I can get in and have no issue cracking the sequence - my problem is healing/curing along the way, this then lets stuff target me.

Anyone prepared to share some advice on how they do these chests and survive?

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
I do them by stepping 3 tiles away and doing telekinesis. If there's spawn in the area I'll try to hide immediately. If I can't, I run away/teleport and re-hide. Having an ethy certainly helps!

lollo

Grandmaster
i have gm stealth and gm remove trap so for the normal chests i have zero problems. I can enter khaldun, hide and stay hidden all the time while opening all the chests.

For puzzle chests, i usually dual account. Clear the area with my bard or just lure the spawn away and then solve the puzzle.

Of course it's impossible to open a puzzle chest with an ancient lich 3 tiles from you.