Item placement in houses, reposting from General.

Sercruse

Neophyte
I had originally written more of a rant about item placement but wanted to move it to the bug/support area for more constructive discussion. I understand that issues like this are seen as minor and I'm not sure if they'll ever be addressed but I wanted to post them anyway because they are a frustrating "quality of life" issue.

I took a couple screenshots of my house and attempting to decorate it to more clearly illustrate what I mean by "item placement". I want to be clear that I am not talking about putting an item on a tile, I'm talking about where on that tile the item sits.

This is a screenshot of the items I'm placing in my house:
3XcPbtF.jpg

This is a modified screenshot of the locations that those items should be sitting on their respective tile:
BNgxzp1.jpg

I first really noticed this problem when looking at houses around the world and constantly seeing painting sticking through roofs or hovering really far up in the air. When I started decorating my own house I noticed how prevalent the issue really is.

Maybe this is a client-side thing that can be modified pretty easily, I don't know. But it's pretty frustrating to deal with and would be interested in getting some feedback on it.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
nah, its not client side. the thing is, there's literally two types of paintings. Ones that sit on the wall like normal, and ones that sit on the opposite end of that same tile, ahead of the wall so to speak.

If you have a painting that sits on the wall properly, drop it into a backpack in the very bottom left corner, then drop the painting that doesn't sit on the wall properly in the same spot. You'll notice they do not land in the same spot at all, that's the best way to tell them apart besides trial and error.