IRC Issue...

gofer

Grandmaster
[15:58:55] <gof> +r
[15:58:55] You must have a registered nick (+r) to talk on this channel (#uoforever)

Cannot seem to type in irc. I do not get a password prompt either. It has been a while since I connected or played; were there any changes?

You need to register your mIRC name.
Go into the geekshed tab and type in /msg nickserv REGISTER (your desired password) (your email) hit enter. They will send you a confirmation code from which you must just copy and paste the command they send you from the email. Then you're good.

You just log in with the same nickname and use the password when the password prompt pops up and or type in /msg nickserv Identify (yourpassword)

If you already registered your name try typing in that last command I said in geekshed: /msg nickserv Identify (yourpassword) Should recognize you then you should be good.

gofer

Grandmaster
Go into the geekshed tab and type in /msg nickserv REGISTER (your desired password) (your email) hit enter. They will send you a confirmation code from which you must just copy and paste the command they send you from the email. Then you're good.

You just log in with the same nickname and use the password when the password prompt pops up and or type in /msg nickserv Identify (yourpassword)

If you already registered your name try typing in that last command I said in geekshed: /msg nickserv Identify (yourpassword) Should recognize you then you should be good.

Thanks Key; it was registered already, so I will try that last command. Appreciate it!

gofer

Grandmaster

[00:05:57] [NOTICE NickServ]: Your nick isn't registered.

and then...

[00:07:18] [NOTICE NickServ]: (erased) is not a valid e-mail address.

I used irc months ago when I was still playing and coming back. Not sure why it would all of a sudden unregister me and then not recognize my username. Any ideas?

Maybe bite the bullet and register a new nickname similar to your last to a new email address. Not exactly sure what happened to you there.