I Think Someone Dropped My Meta Dragon On Its Head...

Ludwig

Grandmaster
I see screenshots of level 5-6 dragons from time to time and I can't help but notice their skills/stats are drastically better than mine. When my dragon hit level 5, his skills shot to:

107.4 Wrestling (up maybe 3-4 points from 4?)
106.7 Tactics (same, maybe 3 points up)
110 Resist (unchanged from level 4)
100 Anatomy (unchanged from level 4)
111ish Poisoning (up from 100)
103.4 Magery (up from 100)
102.8 Eval (up from 100)
100 Meditation (unchanged from level 4)

His stats are 600 str/100 dex/400 int. I've seen a level 5 with 180 dex!

I've heard meta pets "catch up" no matter what by the time they hit level 7. Are all of the level skill/stat ups totally random and then even out to like 120 across the board once they're level 7 or did I break my guy somehow?

There's a lot of misinformation out there about this whole leveling process. Some people say pets can permanently lose skill but I haven't seen this happen yet...I don't think.

jirro

Novice
Your level 5 stats are inline with what mine were, and a guildmate's whose just popped over to 5 yesterday.

The way it works is that there is a random roll when you level, and you end up with new stats and new skills. When your dragon hits level 7, you will continue to gain xp and then "rollover", and get to choose whether or not you want to take that rollover. When it rolls over, al the stats go up to "maximum of the random roll zone that is pretty high" again.

level 7 stats > level 6 > 5 obviously, including skills. Any stat BELOW 100 will level to 100, but that's it. 180 dex is probably during a quicksilver.... normal dex I've never exceed 120 on any tame-able.

Talking about skills - the same thing I mentioned about rollover events (including leveling from 5 to 6 to 7 and then rolling over) applies. You *cannot* permanently lose skills. the big "however" here is that Metas have SUPER high skills. When you have 130 magery, how do you level it? the answer is....you don't. That's why pet death matters. When your pet dies, it loses about 1 of each skill. everything except poisoning, magery, and resist bounce back QUICK.

At level 7 people choose one of two strats: let their dragon rollover, so low resist gets "reset" back to high level (as described above) during the rollover, or simply use skill scrolls to keep your dragon maxed out.

Another thing to keep in mind - generally, pets with "perfect stats" at level 6/7 are a super min/max-y thing. What I mean is that any tamer with a Level 6, with QS, Molten, and Bloody (or nox instead of Molten) is going to very competitive to any other tamer using the same pet/relics....it's not like your stats/skills are going to offset your score dramatically at a champ, give you a huge boost, or help you farm faster, etc.

tl;dr - don't worry, it works out in the end, you are fine. 180 was likely during QS or fictional. Pets lose skill son death, but leveling up/rolling over resets them. Can also be maintained with skill scrolls. That being said, small variations in skills and stats are NOT the make or break for effective of your pet or char. It's really the relics it has and their level.

Hopefully this helps answer some questions....feel free to ask if you have more :)

jirro

Novice
One additional note. The reason level 5 is WAY better than level 4 is that your dragon now has like 800 strength, 400 mana, can cast way more spells, hits harder (and more HP). Level 4 you have a low mana pool, low str, lower skills, etc.

Dimok

Master
A question since we're on meta dragons. Do you need a meta stone to get it to level from 4 to 5? I've been grinding level 4 for a heck of a long time..

Ludwig

Grandmaster
A question since we're on meta dragons. Do you need a meta stone to get it to level from 4 to 5? I've been grinding level 4 for a heck of a long time..

You do not. It is purely for checking xp and applying relics. 4 to 5 did feel like a long time....but it wasn't too bad.

Ludwig

Grandmaster
Your level 5 stats are inline with what mine were, and a guildmate's whose just popped over to 5 yesterday.

The way it works is that there is a random roll when you level, and you end up with new stats and new skills. When your dragon hits level 7, you will continue to gain xp and then "rollover", and get to choose whether or not you want to take that rollover. When it rolls over, al the stats go up to "maximum of the random roll zone that is pretty high" again.

level 7 stats > level 6 > 5 obviously, including skills. Any stat BELOW 100 will level to 100, but that's it. 180 dex is probably during a quicksilver.... normal dex I've never exceed 120 on any tame-able.

Talking about skills - the same thing I mentioned about rollover events (including leveling from 5 to 6 to 7 and then rolling over) applies. You *cannot* permanently lose skills. the big "however" here is that Metas have SUPER high skills. When you have 130 magery, how do you level it? the answer is....you don't. That's why pet death matters. When your pet dies, it loses about 1 of each skill. everything except poisoning, magery, and resist bounce back QUICK.

At level 7 people choose one of two strats: let their dragon rollover, so low resist gets "reset" back to high level (as described above) during the rollover, or simply use skill scrolls to keep your dragon maxed out.

Another thing to keep in mind - generally, pets with "perfect stats" at level 6/7 are a super min/max-y thing. What I mean is that any tamer with a Level 6, with QS, Molten, and Bloody (or nox instead of Molten) is going to very competitive to any other tamer using the same pet/relics....it's not like your stats/skills are going to offset your score dramatically at a champ, give you a huge boost, or help you farm faster, etc.

tl;dr - don't worry, it works out in the end, you are fine. 180 was likely during QS or fictional. Pets lose skill son death, but leveling up/rolling over resets them. Can also be maintained with skill scrolls. That being said, small variations in skills and stats are NOT the make or break for effective of your pet or char. It's really the relics it has and their level.

Hopefully this helps answer some questions....feel free to ask if you have more :)

Great, thanks! So, in short, there is no way to mess up your meta during leveling? When the pet rolls over, do you get to see the set of skills you would be taking if you accepted? What happens when you hit level 7 but you don't have 120 taming, does he reroll on 6 or does the xp simply reset?

jirro

Novice
No way to mess it up. Yes you get to see stats during rollover but not skills. Again, the latter is almost always going to bring your resist up to max again.

If you hit cap at level 6, you just don’t gain more xp - no rollover or reset. Level 6 drags are highly effective and you could happily sit there for months.

Last edited:

jirro

Novice
high end content - dragon rda, Akor, basically. best bet is buy one from another play. egg all depends on color, common colors are 1.1 to 1.5 mill.