Hunting, Champ spawns, Talisman

Jongi09

Master
Hello all

So I've been playing this a few weeks now, managed to create some half decent characters, my beat being a Lumber warrior and a provo Archer.

However, there are some things I've yet to do and wondered if you fine folk could recommend the best way to to it?

Firstly - Talismans

Now I've read other threads about this and it seems very hard to tick off the requirements. I have no vanq weapons and the ones I've seen for sale seem to cost a fortune. How much will it cost me to buy all the vanq weapons? Or is there a way I could hunt for them?

Also, I presume the demon part of the quest needs a group? How often do groups hunt this thing, is it quite common?

Champ spawns

I've yet to do a Champ spawn. Again, are these common events? What's the best way to get involved in one? I really want to get some powerscrolls for my crafter and I presume that even if I don't get those scrolls from a drop, anything I might get will help create the funds to buy what I want

Finally - general hunting

What things generally drop a good mix of magical items and gold? It's been so long since I played the original that I can't remember which beasts are good to farm

Much appreciated all!

halygon

Grandmaster
Hello all

So I've been playing this a few weeks now, managed to create some half decent characters, my beat being a Lumber warrior and a provo Archer.

However, there are some things I've yet to do and wondered if you fine folk could recommend the best way to to it?

Firstly - Talismans

Now I've read other threads about this and it seems very hard to tick off the requirements. I have no vanq weapons and the ones I've seen for sale seem to cost a fortune. How much will it cost me to buy all the vanq weapons? Or is there a way I could hunt for them?

Also, I presume the demon part of the quest needs a group? How often do groups hunt this thing, is it quite common?
You can buy vanqs for 10k a piece (thats the standard rate for them - so 300k and you can buy your way through the first step of the talisman process). If you are like me and are cheap.. I did treasure maps until I had enough vanqs.

I wouldn't be too worried about the demon part, while it can be challenging, there is almost always a good group of people in there also doing it..

Champ spawns

I've yet to do a Champ spawn. Again, are these common events? What's the best way to get involved in one? I really want to get some powerscrolls for my crafter and I presume that even if I don't get those scrolls from a drop, anything I might get will help create the funds to buy what I want
Champ Spawns are near impossible to do without a group to help you. I would suggest joining a guild. Here is some information on them: http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Champion_Spawns

Finally - general hunting

What things generally drop a good mix of magical items and gold? It's been so long since I played the original that I can't remember which beasts are good to farm

Much appreciated all!
Titans are always good - check out Fire dungeon for these guys. Dragons and equivalents are good also, you can find them all over the world and in many dungeons but Destard Dungeon is the main place for them. The city of Wind has a good mix of deamons, dragons, liches that all are good to hunt.

If you want something a bit more challenging, try going to the Terathan keep and kill Ophidians and Terathans themselves.

There are tons of places that are good to hunt. May someone else can recommend a few other locations.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
I'd also check out the rune libraries for hunting spots. The one near yew moongate has books for liches daemons and dragons. They're helpful

Last edited by a moderator:

Jongi09

Master
Thanks for the tips. Really appreciate it! I'm back online tomorrow so will try a few of these suggestion!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk