How do I upgrade to client version 7.0.34.23

halygon

Grandmaster
Backup your settings for UO and razor/uosteam if you want (not required).

Uninstall the UO forever client package. Uninstall uosteam if you use it.

Download the official UO classic client from UO.com and install it

Use the patcher that came with it to fully upgrade to the latest version.

Now download the latest version of razor or uosteam (whichever you use) and install it.

Setup UO forever server on razor/uosteam connection screen.

Done.

TubeLover

Apprentice
Backup your settings for UO and razor/uosteam if you want (not required).

Uninstall the UO forever client package. Uninstall uosteam if you use it.

Download the official UO classic client from UO.com and install it

Use the patcher that came with it to fully upgrade to the latest version.

Now download the latest version of razor or uosteam (whichever you use) and install it.

Setup UO forever server on razor/uosteam connection screen.

Done.
Thanks for the answer,... BUT that's EXACTLY what I've done.

A last check tho : the UO client has the correct version number, but strangely it does show "unknown" as patch number. Also the latest Razor I've found is 1.0.13 - Is this correct ?

And as a side note : do you mean that you updated the client and do not have the same problems ?

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Carl

If you guys are looking for the latest version of razor mark constantly updates it. Here is the official link.
http://razor.uo.cx/

Please do not post urls to other servers.

amonseti

Grandmaster
I don't see a black map from razor, but it's unusable :
uo1.jpg

AND the counters images in title bar are gone... useless also.
And YES I double checked the settings
uo2.jpg

I'd say that updating to the latest UO client should have been made along with a Razor update, which is not available.
... this won't help us at all, and the title hue is certainly not worth it.
As we say in my job : If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Yup this is exactly what I see .. however I have gone into Razor and added text to the counters color coded .. IE for Mandrake root counter instead of it just saying "|:99" it now says "Mandrake root = (99)" in brown text.
When I get home ill provide a screen shot to help illustrate.

I was peeking at the files and discovered that the art file (sorry cant remember the exact extension) extension has changed, I suspect that is where the missing art files reside in a new format that Razor can no longer read, or need to be updated to point to the new art. file.

halygon

Grandmaster
If you like maps, you should check out UOSteam's map -- its pretty damn nice and shows your guildmates -- whereever they are -- without a party -- they don't even have to use UOSteam to show up on your map.

TubeLover

Apprentice
Yup this is exactly what I see .. however I have gone into Razor and added text to the counters color coded .. IE for Mandrake root counter instead of it just saying "|:99" it now says "Mandrake root = (99)" in brown text.
When I get home ill provide a screen shot to help illustrate.

I was peeking at the files and discovered that the art file (sorry cant remember the exact extension) extension has changed, I suspect that is where the missing art files reside in a new format that Razor can no longer read, or need to be updated to point to the new art. file.
I cannot really help here. All I can say is : un-install razor (no need to backup settings or profiles, it will ask if it should do so) and install latest 1.0.14 version. It solves the title bar problem. For the map I use UOAM, much better imho.
Have a nice day

RaZzi

Neophyte
Hmph. This was NOT a good idea. Got the exact same problems. The title bar got fixed with the latest Razor (1.0.14) but not the black map. But thats not the issue I'm having. The issue is the new STATUS window with a lot of unneccessary info that you don't need here. Checking the "Use Pre-AOS status window" doesn't work. I would just want it to show Hp, stam, mana, weight, AR and followers numeric...

TubeLover

Apprentice
did anyone find a way to change that new status window? its so clunky and annoying = |
I fear there's no way to do so. It's coded in the (new) client. One can only change some of the scripts the client is running (from the server) and some of the variables, but not the core layout.

Be safe out there.

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
Here goes nothing...

Worst part is, I think I forgot to backup my razor macros. But I'm trying to JUST do the client. SO that shouldn't matter, luckily I DID remember to backup UO art files and macros lol.

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
I did everything Halygon said and did twice. I also pointed the correct UO client directory at the Razor load up screen. Although I'm not seeing my razor map in black, it's still quite un-readable. Anyone has any idea how to troubleshooting the problem? Many thanks!

26355778842_f2b387441f_o.jpg

Young Star

Grandmaster
I did everything Halygon said and did twice. I also pointed the correct UO client directory at the Razor load up screen. Although I'm not seeing my razor map in black, it's still quite un-readable. Anyone has any idea how to troubleshooting the problem? Many thanks!

26355778842_f2b387441f_o.jpg
Use steam. ;)

Seriously though, i dont think that map works for anyone in razor.

Jager

Grandmaster
Yea mine is the same. I just use it for when I'm in a party and I can see what direction there in atleast

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
Ok... I will give it a go on steam. I heard they can macro better. Worth to try :)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk