House linking Idea for maximum awesomeness.

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
Ok, house linking has been confirmed to be part of the xpac. And more or less confirmed it will just be a teleporter (don't quote me on that).

I wanted to toss out some suggestions I think will make house linking go from 'kinda cool' into 'super fucking awesome' instead.

-House linking only possible with houses that are one tile from each other.
-Make that house count as one house.
-Be able to buy a cellar and it takes up the space of both houses, so more people will buy them instead of just castle owners.

This will basically create an entirely new housing market... "WTS linked 18's." Because if house linking just lets you port from one house to another, it better be cheap because that isn't all that awesome. I can already do that with my recall spell ;-) With these ideas of mine.. you can make house linking a huge gold sink, while making cellars a bigger gold sink also. 5 mill to link houses, 3 million for a cellar... tons of people will spend 8 million for this.

Thoughts?

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
I totally agree. And the only reason I'm excited about this is to customize big ass houses. I just learned the plan was to make a teleporter and, as much as I know you guys work extremely hard, I'm dreaming of 37 x 18 houses for some time now :D

bane

Master
I totally agree. And the only reason I'm excited about this is to customize big ass houses. I just learned the plan was to make a teleporter and, as much as I know you guys work extremely hard, I'm dreaming of 37 x 18 houses for some time now :D

I would propose allowing you to link up to 4 houses together but only in a square formation (would require a bit larger than a castle spot). Essentially it would be the new castle but fully customizable.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Only flaw I see in this is that there are already sooooooo many vets on the server with almost nothing to spend money on, that after doing this, the land would fill up ridiculously fast. Which, yeah, it's good for placers and all that jazz. But it would drive up the prices on housing very very high for new players.

Well, that, and this only being accessable to side-by-side owners. The amount of people that own side-by-sides are heavily outnumbered by those that do not.

Last edited by a moderator:

bane

Master
Only flaw I see in this is that there are already sooooooo many vets on the server with almost nothing to spend money on, that after doing this, the land would fill up ridiculously fast. Which, yeah, it's good for placers and all that jazz. But it would drive up the prices on housing very very high for new players.

Well, that, and this only being accessable to side-by-side owners. The amount of people that own side-by-sides are heavily outnumbered by those that do not.

Honestly I don't see it as an either/or thing. The xpac will have a house teleporter tile available for purchase so gold sink #1. Asan idea could be implemented separately to achieve maximum awesomeness as a separate gold sink.

What I am thinking of for this is to have a special type of custom maybe varying sizes up to 18x18 that can only be "attached" to an existing custom house so no tile between the two customs but still enforce placing rules around the new larger structure. So you could extend you existing custom house and make a really huge one. To simplify implementation the add on could use a separate customization interface but since there is no tile in between you should be able to walk between the two making one large structure. This would allow more than just side by side 18x18's qualify expanding the pool. Additionally you could add additional gold sinks allowing house owners to purchase additional lockdown/secures if they have expanded their house.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
I was simply commenting on his proposed notion of it being "ONLY" available for side-by-sides... And said my peace with that.

The additional lockdown/secures on paper sounds neat. But try to remember what our current world saves are at. More items = more time.

bane

Master
I was simply commenting on his proposed notion of it being "ONLY" available for side-by-sides... And said my peace with that.

The additional lockdown/secures on paper sounds neat. But try to remember what our current world saves are at. More items = more time.

Good point. And my main desire to allow for "add on size" purchase is so I can make a castle sized custom house. Don't really need more lockdowns for that. If they did allow custom house addons of varying sizes it would solve the issue of only being available for side by side houses.

If this were available I would work my ass off accumulating gold to afford it (I don't farm I craft so still a gold sink). Would be a huge sink of my gold at least.