Had a blast tonight.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Friday night's are generally pretty heavy on the pks. So my cousin and I went tmap hunting.

Very fun. Made 3k each reg. 2 statues. 22 power weapons, 6 vanq, 12 slayers, 40 invuln armor, 140k.

Good times. If anyone has a bunch of lvl3-5 tmaps holla at your boy.

<3

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Not in the chest, but looting the monsters that spawned, yes.
Gargoyle, and dread spider.
I need to get a vendor up.

Jager

Grandmaster
ahh ok, wasnt to sure if i was gonna get my guy to Cart or just drop that and get Stealth and be a dungeon lockpicker but i dont think loot is all that good in dungeons chests?

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
So this last weekend I did a crazy ingenious map.
Every monster spawn was a ancient wyrm or slayer. And they all provoked easily never failed.
Got about 12 monsters out of the chest.
Ended up with a 200k chest from all the loot.
Got 2 different 25 vanq bows.
It was just a crazy good chest.

So I tell my guild about it as I'm all hyped up from the score.
And a guildy is like holy shit I wanna do one with you...

No lie the next ingenious had 1 crap vanq. The chest was spawning titants almost every time. We got like 40k and only got that much cause a couple titans dropped some skillscrolls.

Talk about 2 sides if the coin

Defari

Adept
Awesome post Doobey :) I did a bunch of MiBs this past weekend and had an absolute blast. Now I'm thinking of expanding to t-maps. Do you solo them? What is your template? My fisherman is a provo/mage.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
My tmap hunter is a Provo mage. He solos the devious ones. But for ingenious you gotta have 2 or be a tamer imo.

I'm sure I could solo 1 if I had money on a bet... But it wouldn't be pretty and it wouldn't be fast.

I still haven't done mibs. They seem easier to aquire then tmaps... But its hard to imagine a better looking chest then an ingenious. 1k regs. Bout 25k cash. Averages 6 high end weapons and about 3 to 4 mid range.

halygon

Grandmaster
I've done a ton and sounds like I do them similar to doobey. I have a Provo tmap hunter like below:

Magery
Meditation
Music
Provo
Lockpicking
Hiding
Cartography

Could change hiding out for resist or eval int if you want, but I find this works fine. When running dungeon chests I use hiding a lot to skip past mobs.

For tmaps, dig the chest and Provo mobs. Cast EVs to finish off stranglers.

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
Evs get dispelled instantly on ingenious. I but I park my archer offscreen to rez if I fux up. And to clean up stragglers.. he's also 120 provo so sometimes I need him

Strife

Master
I am with you on T - maps. They are a blast. I bring my carto/lockpicker and just dig nd pick and park him for a mistake resser lol. Then have my provo/tamer do all the hard work.

Wish I had more time to do them. Slowing burning through my 100 devious and haven't even tried one of my 15 ingenious.

What LPing do you need for ingenious?

Doobey Magee

Grandmaster
I never tried it till I had 97. But I bet 95 would work.

Yeah everythinga been a lot smoother since I started taking my main with me... Just to carry gold if nothing else.