Guide to Masonry and Glassblowing

I noticed there wasn't a Guide on how to obtain the Masonry and Glassblowing Skill so I thought I would create one for players looking to take advantage of this skill.

Masonry

Masonry allows players to craft items out of High Quality Granite such as Tables, Chairs and Statues. In order to fully utilize this skill you need to meet two requirements: 1) Obtain the Masonry Skill and 2) Obtain resources for crafting masonry items.

Step 1: Obtain the Masonry Skill

In order to obtain the Masonry skill you first need to reach GM Carpentry. Once you obtain GM Carpentry you then you need to visit "The Survival Shop" east of Minoc Bank and purchase the book "Making Valuables with Stone Crafting" from the NPC Kin the Stone Crafter and read it.

Note: Obtaining this skill will not effect your Skill Cap in anyway.

P1m3d3I.jpg

Once you have read the book you will now have access to the Masonry Skill. In order to use the skill you need to purchase a "Mallet and Chisel" from our friendly NPC Kin the Stone Crafter.

JZZeo0U.jpg

Once you purchase the Mallet and Chisel simply double click the item and you now have access to the Masonry UI Crafting Screen.

u3744oz.jpg

Step 2: Obtain Resources for Crafting Masonry Items
Now that you have access to the crafting menu you need to obtain the resources necessary to actually craft the items.

The only resource you'll use in crafting Masonry items will be High Quality Granite. In order to be able to harvest High Quality Granite you first need to GM Mining. When you have achieved GM Mining you will then purchase and read the book "Mining for Quality Stone' from our same friend NPC Kin the Stone Crafter in "The Survival Shop" next to Minoc Bank.

Once you have read the book you now have the ability to harvest High Quality Granite from any ore deposit you mine from. You simply need to single click your Pickaxe and/or Shovel and select "Set to Ore and Stone"

nuTvUOM.jpg

Once you've done this you are now set to go harvest High Quality Granite.

There is a type of High Quality Granite for each Ore Type available in game.

mEKNwtZ.jpg

In order to harvest a piece of High Quality Granite you simply mine for ore like you normally would except now you will have a chance to find a piece of High Quality Granite that corresponds with the color of ore you are mining.

Note: You will not get a piece of granite every time and there is a chance when harvesting ore other than Iron that you will still obtain a piece of Iron High Quality Granite instead of the corresponding Colored Ore unfortunately. So you will have to harvest multiple ore nodes of the color you are looking for in order to obtain enough pieces of Granite.

And that's how you obtain Masonry and craft items out of stone!

Edit: I'll add Glassblowing later when I get a chance!