Grey horses really blue

So Im sitting at west bank when I see a grey horse and I think he shouldnt live int his cruel world of UO and Ebolt him. I get guard wacked and I think maybe he turned blue right before the Ebolt hit him. Well I see another horse, I drag its life bar and its grey, yet I click him once and hes blue. Any explanation?

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
It's some sort of bug I've noticed. I brought it up a few months ago and no response. Apparently it has to do with the custom flagging rules here (aka, animals take on the flag of their owner), and people have made animals go grey but are technically blue (highlight grey, name is blue). A lot of people have gotten killed from it. More often than not, as soon as you die from it, a bunch of people run out and loot you dry.

TheGooch

Master
It's some sort of bug I've noticed. I brought it up a few months ago and no response. Apparently it has to do with the custom flagging rules here (aka, animals take on the flag of their owner), and people have made animals go grey but are technically blue (highlight grey, name is blue). A lot of people have gotten killed from it. More often than not, as soon as you die from it, a bunch of people run out and loot you dry.

Like flies on shit. Still makes me laugh when I see a bunch of ppl converge on someone's body after being guardwhacked.

Apparently it has to do with the custom flagging rules here (aka, animals take on the flag of their owner), and people have made animals go grey but are technically blue (highlight grey, name is blue).

Definitely this.

I noticed other ramifications to this "bug", too. For example, a Tamer's pets, in Khaldun will be "blue" (or "green" since they were a guildie's), if/when/while said Tamer recalls out to drop loot, leaving his pets behind to fight while he's gone. I don't see this as an "exploit", since everyone is already "flagged" all the time in Khaldun, so attacking a "blue" Dragon wouldn't change anything, but I think it proves one's pet always shares "flag" with its owner, no matter where said owner is.