"Grampa" character

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Do not trust, do not trade with, he is a thief. Will pretend to be interested in your rares then 'steal last target' after he cancels out of trade window.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
What is the docks? I read everything on this site when I started and nothing mentioned a safe trading area. Regardless that is a move that should be coded out of the game, thief should be for roleplaying because you WANT to play a thief, not because there is a huge game exploit where you can make hundreds of thousands for not leaving town.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
the docks can be access from a black moongate at brit docks it has duel pits , a bank and is 100% safe from Thief's and pks

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Regardless that is a move that should be coded out of the game, thief should be for roleplaying because you WANT to play a thief, not because there is a huge game exploit where you can make hundreds of thousands for not leaving town.

I think this comment here should be carefully inscribed onto an ancient piece of parchment, framed and hung over every thieves mantle piece for us to chuckle and giggle at when times are hard, this should also be done mandatory. Welcome to the world of lawlessness, grab yourself a value pack of Kleenex *since you will obviously be using quite a few and need to restock*, a pink and blue teddy bear for those him and her moments and finally buy yourself a house next to the Grove of love beauty spot. All of these little things will bring you the peace of mind you obviously desire. Oh and don't trade at public banks, life lessons should already be apparent not to trust the public banking system.

*Jingles a bag of gold coins and gets guard wacked for the pleasure.*

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
What is the docks? I read everything on this site when I started and nothing mentioned a safe trading area. Regardless that is a move that should be coded out of the game, thief should be for roleplaying because you WANT to play a thief, not because there is a huge game exploit where you can make hundreds of thousands for not leaving town.

Hmm weird all this time I was playing a thief to take advantage of the careless...

Do tell, what did you lose?

Messremb

Grandmaster

LOL i understand how you feel but give it a week and whatever you lost will feel like nothing.

In regards to the stealing skill, Karl said it, thieves are out to take advantage of the careless, and i would add ignorant. while some stealing tactics using third party programs should be removed. this particular trick can be done using in-game macros and is old school. you learned a lesson here, and hopefully wont repeat it. thieves are part of UO just like PKs and griefers, learning to deal with them is half the fun, and getting even is the other half.

I think this comment here should be carefully inscribed onto an ancient piece of parchment, framed and hung over every thieves mantle piece for us to chuckle and giggle at when times are hard, this should also be done mandatory. Welcome to the world of lawlessness, grab yourself a value pack of Kleenex *since you will obviously be using quite a few and need to restock*, a pink and blue teddy bear for those him and her moments and finally buy yourself a house next to the Grove of love beauty spot. All of these little things will bring you the peace of mind you obviously desire. Oh and don't trade at public banks, life lessons should already be apparent not to trust the public banking system.

*Jingles a bag of gold coins and gets guard wacked for the pleasure.*
Lol. This guy sounds like he was bullied a bit too much in school.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Lol. This guy sounds like he was bullied a bit too much in school.

Bullied? My entire post contradicts what you have just said, I mean let's look at it this way, being able to withstand the grief performed by others on a computer game is something a thief has to deal with on a regular basis, I mean it is not as though the thief gets it all his/her own way. You on the other hand with your extraordinary wit and somewhat chavish profile picture should be the last person to post about anything, why? clueless comes to mind.

Bullied? My entire post contradicts what you have just said, I mean let's look at it this way, being able to withstand the grief performed by others on a computer game is something a thief has to deal with on a regular basis, I mean it is not as though the thief gets it all his/her own way. You on the other hand with your extraordinary wit and somewhat chavish profile picture should be the last person to post about anything, why? clueless comes to mind.
No your entire post has the air of a kid who got bullied a lot, and grew up to be a cop who takes every opportunity to be a dick to others without getting jacked in the fuckin jaw. Oh and where is your profile pic? Someone said it best in the real life pic thread. If you dont have the nuts to show yourself, you must be ugly. Just another reason to support my theory of you getting bullied to much.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
No your entire post has the air of a kid who got bullied a lot, and grew up to be a cop who takes every opportunity to be a dick to others without getting jacked in the fuckin jaw. Oh and where is your profile pic? Someone said it best in the real life pic thread. If you dont have the nuts to show yourself, you must be ugly. Just another reason to support my theory of you getting bullied to much.

No my post was to elaborate how incredibly boring it gets to see/hear players moaning about things in Ultima Online, be it stealing or player killing in general. As for me being a cop, you are on the right track but certainly not a police officer, as for being bullied you are way off track and by the way you throw around your perception of other people it sounds/feels like you were the one who got violated more than once. What I will type here now will in fact result in a controversy in itself, but I find people who post their profile pictures to be filled with vanity on many different levels and scream out attention seeker. You on the other hand should not be actually screaming out for anything looking like a crack-head out on day release. Let me guess, do you spend the better part of forty five minutes in a morning, grooming your ego into believing you look something like? Do you have your own picture on your phone, leave it on a table so when it rings the world can see how fucking vane you are?

I don't post my picture on the internet for obvious reasons, I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to release my identity to a world where anyone could use the image for malicious purposes, suppose you could consider this paranoid but I prefer to be paranoid than have my picture used for the cover of some back water website which could lead to untold amounts of problems. But you would not understand that now, would you?

Lol you got it all wrong dude. If you read my post from the real life pic thread, this is the ONLY picture I had on my phone. In fact is the ONLY picture I have ever taken of myself. I just posted it today after being on the forums for two months and the ONLY reason I posted it was because people in the community were asking to put peoples faces to in-game characters. Im not a paranoid delusional, so I obliged them. Im not winning any beauty contests, and never claimed such. So you can go ahead and kill your theory of me being a vanity queen or attention seeker any time now.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Lol you got it all wrong dude. If you read my post from the real life pic thread, this is the ONLY picture I had on my phone. In fact is the ONLY picture I have ever taken of myself. I just posted it today after being on the forums for two months and the ONLY reason I posted it was because people in the community were asking to put peoples faces to in-game characters. Im not a paranoid delusional, so I obliged them. Im not winning any beauty contests, and never claimed such. So you can go ahead and kill your theory of me being a vanity queen or attention seeker any time now.

Then we can both come to the conclusion that your original post about me being bullied and my post about you being a vanity queen were completely uncalled for thus reaching the point we are at now. Look, personally, I don't care two shits if you want to post a picture of yourself on the game, your life your time, but when you type something about someone which you know will lead to confrontation, you must accept that the response you may get will not be pleasurable and lead to drawn out, pointless banter where neither will get anywhere apart from sitting back and thinking "That guy/gal is a right cu...". Ultima Online has and always will be an open game, there has and will always be people complaining about something they perceive flawed, broken or exploitable, the question is, without these elements Ultima Online would just be another linear pile of shit with absolutely no replay value. *Scripting on the other hand should be banned if it interferes with general game play.*

Kith kannen

Master
Might want to be a little lighter to this guy...he's been a member all of 2 weeks...he was had...it happens but I can't say I condone taking advantage of new players this way..just sayin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Unfortunately, things like this are the best thing that can happen to a new player, especially on Ultima Online, not only will he adapt but also learn a valuable lesson about the workings of UO generally. I know it comes across as being hard, but as long as he takes away something from this mishap, he will be a lot more attuned to the general vibe in this game. Now rez killing over and over, is a different thing altogether, there is nothing to learn from there apart from the fact that the killer is just an idiot who needs castrating for the greater good.

Look dark, you said it yourself, its an online game, you can do what you want. You were being a bit of a d-bag to an obviously new player. I chose to be a d-bag to you in return. Clearly two wrongs dont make a right. With that said, I will leave you alone.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Look dark, you said it yourself, its an online game, you can do what you want. You were being a bit of a d-bag to an obviously new player. I chose to be a d-bag to you in return. Clearly two wrongs dont make a right. With that said, I will leave you alone.

Yeah but leaving it alone would not make online a very interesting place, right?

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I do admit, I learned my lesson. It was an animal taming +1 scroll though, which is 150k+ easy. I wouldn't have been so mad if I hadn't found ANOTHER one last week only to be almost instantly killed by a hiding red, and looted. Two big lessons in two weeks, and two big paychecks gone bye-bye.

I do think that particular stealing mechanic is odd and doesn't jive with the "feel" of the game, but I hate criers too so I'll adapt. I even had the item in my bank first, only it went to my pouch when he canceled. So, now I know how that works too. Lessons learned but I mean... JEEEEZ....

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
150k ain't that bad how about the guy who unlocked his blaze hydra statue and it got snatched, or had his gold robe unblessed at Brit bank, or had the hue 33 sandies inside a bag, or even better the ultra white boots in a bag inside his house as he moved items from the bank with his other account?

A taming scroll? I'd say you got off light. You should be counting your blessings and guarding your valuables.