Gate Travel Scrolls

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I never understood why people use scrolls. You still need the required magery & mana, which means...you can just cast it yourself. All you are saving are the regs. Right?

halygon

Grandmaster
I never understood why people use scrolls. You still need the required magery & mana, which means...you can just cast it yourself. All you are saving are the regs. Right?
I use them all the time for making runebooks :)

As to the OP: Almost all scrolls go for 50gps each.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I sell for 5 for 200 at Fattson's Scribery, located at the Gankware vendor house. I just recently brought up two scribe, so I've got a ton of scrolls laying around. I'd rather make some money back than make none back at all.

I sell cheap so I can keep on selling. It's the Fattson way.

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
I'm sellling 10 for 600 at yew moongate.

To the poster about Scrolls. My understanding is your success rate is higher with scrolls. also - a failed cast won't eat the scroll like it will eat regs.

Radar Mile

Master
OP I bought a bunch for my crystal portal (about 300) at an average price of 350-500 per 10 scrolls.

Scrolls decrease the circle requirement by 2, making gate travel effectively a 5th circle spell. So you don't need the required magery. You DO need the required mana, though.

Yagyu

Adept
Someone with like 40-50 magery can use a gate scroll or invis, try casting gate travel at 50 magery. You can raise magery very high just using eq scrolls. Lots of people use EV scrolls because you never fizzle...and you lose alot of time in certain fights fizzling on EV...so to sum up, you can cast spells at much less magery than if you cast them from yuor spellbook.