Forever cape question? Dev input requested.

Streets

Grandmaster
Hello just a quick question about the unique wearable vendor item "forever cape." I see it's listed as blessed but wanted to make sure it's not not something that can be destroyed in combat like newbie cloaks? I would hate to donate for an item that can be smashed off my character.

Using the search feature it a pears blessed items can't be lost like this I just want to be certain before committing to the purchase.

Thanks is advance !

Proven

Novice
Can newbie clothing be smashed off in combat?

What about exceptional crafted bandana with a CBD?

Streets

Grandmaster
Can newbie clothing be smashed off in combat?

What about exceptional crafted bandana with a CBD?

That was my understanding and it happened to me quite often on osi shards which is why I wanted to ask befor loosing real life money on donation to the server to loose it... that said I do like the look of the cap now I'm working on a no break robe ;)

Proven

Novice
That was my understanding and it happened to me quite often on osi shards which is why I wanted to ask befor loosing real life money on donation to the server to loose it... that said I do like the look of the cap now I'm working on a no break robe ;)

I remember back in like 98 or 99 newbie clothing and even black sandals could be maced off. A briefer tactic would be to trap players and keep them from escaping while healing them and macing away. The only way to get out was to logout and pray. Eventually they made clothing indestructible I think around AoS in 03.

halygon

Grandmaster
Clothing of any kind, whether blessed, newbied, or unblessed is not damaged or destroyed though combat.

Only armor and weapons sustain damage during combat.

halygon

Grandmaster
Does this include newbie clothing that an armor patch has been used on?
It does, but beware - Newbied clothing will fall to your corpse if you ever turn red and die. Newbied items do not stay with murderers - only blessed items do.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Valorite elementals and other creatures with the insta hit/destroy item can kill clothing newbie or not btw... I've had it happen 3 times (Boots, Shirt, Robe).

Streets

Grandmaster
Shit see I thought so... that's why I asked for a dev on this I'll be beyond pissed now if I loose my forever cape gonna be alot of pages to gm's to replace this?