Fishing!?

Hello all,

Yesterday I could find MIB's from the serpents, now i get t-maps?! IS it random for both, or should I still be getting MIB's? Have they always spawned t-maps?

Cheers!

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
The only time a serpent will spawn the above listed maps/nets/MiBs is when they are spawned from fishing; serpents from any other source (random spawns, nets) will not provide such rewards. Kraken have a chance of dropping rope, nets and MiBs naturally, though.

Thanks guys! Another question I have......Do MIB's always have the same amount of gold here? Or sometimes more sometimes less?

Cheers!

Defari

Adept
The lowest I've ever gotten out of a chest (from an MiB/SOS) was about 5.5k (including value of junk magic items/gems) w/ 100 or so of each reagent... Most I've ever gotten was about 15k so it varies but you can expect between 8-10k on average with a few invulnerability armor pieces per box (sometimes with vanq/slayer weapons as well but not always).

Yoar

Adept
IS the lowest amount roughly in the range of 4k? or is the lowest even less?
The lowest amount of gold you can get ranges from 3-4k I believe. But like Defari said, you can sell all the gems/magic equipment for a good bit of coin.

SO, gold wise, 4.5 k for a MIB off a vendor, not counting my time is a good investment?
Not counting your time, then yeah, it's a good investment. But you need a lot of MiBs marked on your map to make your fishing trip time efficient.

Defari

Adept
I tend to buy all my MiBs as I'm too lazy to fish 'me up and also don't feel like spending 1mil+ for a set of Powerscrolls. The going rate for MiBs is 3-4k. I wouldn't pay more than that.

Yoar

Adept
Yeah I wouldn't pay more for an MiB than 4k either. Once you start fishing for the MiBs though you'll quickly overflow with MiBs :p.

Defari

Adept
I was actually thinking of making a video to go through my whole process of fishing up SOS chests but have t gotten around to it (i seriously have it down to a science!) The fishing gig is so incredibly fun! It's pretty much all I've done these past few weeks in game.

@Dewderonomy : speaking of fishing - I saw you and your crew the other day at serp hold bank (you commented on my hat if I recall) :) does your guild ever recruit?

just started my fishing toon a week ago, trained up fishing around Jhelom to 96.5 with razor, and since then the rest on a boat. I've recoverd two MIB's and in pulling up one chest, a mob had one on it's corpse. I have a few lvl1 t-maps, that I'll probably do with my prov archer, and have gotten a few green fish nets, one was my death, but brought my provo archer in to help out and now between the 2 charachters can kill the mobs, it's actually fun now, that I am GM fishing. over a million for all the fish powerscrolls?! or is that for just the 120? Thanks for all the great answers too.

A sidenote, it'd be cheaper to join Dewd's guild then to register my ship with them, especially if there are other pirates on the waters who don't care that your registered with Dewd's guild........

Does the Dewd abide?

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
@Dewderonomy : speaking of fishing - I saw you and your crew the other day at serp hold bank (you commented on my hat if I recall) :) does your guild ever recruit?
The crew of the Black Wind recruits directly from the Free City of Trinsic [Trin]. We take the most able individuals and invite them onto the ship, so there isn't really a recruiting process, not publicly anyway.

A sidenote, it'd be cheaper to join Dewd's guild then to register my ship with them, especially if there are other pirates on the waters who don't care that your registered with Dewd's guild........

Does the Dewd abide?
The powerscrolls only hit the millions with 120s; 115s are still around the 500K mark, at most.

As mentioned above, the crew is invite-only, so while it might be cheaper in theory (most crew were licensed sailors before being invited, in all actuality), it isn't something that's really possible. I direct roughly 3-5 people a week to Trinsic who ask to join the Crew; only one or two of those actually contact Governess Wolfbane. And that's step one; if you don't have the loyalty to Trinsic, you can't possibly be a privateer in her service.

Many of the old school crew were in Trinsic for weeks, fighting land battles as Guards or serving during dire events like invasions and sieges, some upwards of a month before getting the invitation just to step on her deck, not even wearing our colors. Recently we recruited people with less stringent requirements because the holidays all but made it impossible to do any serious evaluation. Even then, however, we kept some of them on ice for a few weeks just to test their interest and patience.

It isn't easy being a privateer on the Black Wind. If you've got what it takes, we're always happy to keep an eye on you, and if you're up to snuff, well... yes, the Dewd abides.