[Exceptional] Exact Bonuses

Ham Sparm

Apprentice
Curious to what exactly (Exceptional) gives to an item? How is it superior to a regular dropped item?

If I had a weapon : (Exceptional) Indestructible , Vanquishing , Supremely Accurate

How would the above crafted exceptional weapon differ from a looted weapon with : Indestructible , Vanquishing, Supremely Accurate

??

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Exceptionnal weapons are somewhere between ruin and might. Ruin is +1, might is +3, so I guess it's a +2, or something like it, and it stacks with any other property, so you're vanq would be a +11 instead of a +9.

Messremb

Grandmaster
its between might and force actually. so its +4 to your damage modifier. so with a exceptional vanq it would be +13 damage.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
You sure about that? Many people told me it was between ruin and might. I'd be happy to be wrong tho ;-)

Messremb

Grandmaster
LOL

I know Dwyane is cool, but it makes me laugh that I said it, he quotes it, and he gets the likes.

I guess im just not as likeable as Dwyane, but then again, who is.

thechemicals

Apprentice
LOL

I know Dwyane is cool, but it makes me laugh that I said it, he quotes it, and he gets the likes.

I guess im just not as likeable as Dwyane, but then again, who is.

i liked you out of sympathy. Dwayne liked a post of mine, and i returned the favor with his equally awesome post here.

Messremb

Grandmaster
lol

thanks for the like. Dwyane is a cool guy and deserves the likes. I was just laughing when I saw that and thought I would comment. wasn't trying to guilt people into liking me.

:)

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Oh I only liked because I didn't think it deserved a post. Like to put a period at the end of a discussion.

According to http://www.uoguide.com/Exceptional (which may or may not be relevant to how things work here), ...

Weapons
Exceptionally crafted Weapons get a 35% Damage Increase bonus as a free Item Property.

...this means that it's very hard to compare with Ruin/Might/Force/Power/Vanq affixes, since those are "static" bonuses (+1, +3, +5, +7, +9 to base damage), while a "35%" bonus will obviously scale with a weapon's actual base damage.

For example, let's compare a Might, Force and Exceptional Katana, with a Might, Force and Exceptional Warhammer. I'll use data from http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/arms.php, although I know some base weapon damage values were balanced on the shard so what follows might be off, but everyone should get the idea anyways...

Katana
Base damage : 10-14
Might base damage : 13-17
Force base damage : 15-19
Exceptional base damage : 13.5-19

This places an exceptional Katana's min-max base damage at Might's minimum and Force's maximum.

Warhammer
Base damage : 17-20
Might base damage : 20-23
Force base damage : 22-25
Exceptional base damage : 23-27

This place an exceptional Warhammer's min-max base damage at Might's maximum and over Force's maximum.

Long story short, the higher a weapon's base damage is (usually also the slower a weapon is), the more it will benefit from being "exceptional", when compared to their Might or Force counterparts. All that being said, the general "somewhere between Might and Force" conception is right in most situations, but it's not as simple as that, as the data above seems to prove.

Then again, that's all based on data from uoguide and stratics, which might not be relevant to this shard, as stated earlier.

Messremb

Grandmaster
All that stuff is based on AOS weapon properties, pretty sure it does not apply here.

Don't feel like searching for it, but I think there was a Post somewhere where a GM confirmed exceptional is between might at force.

All that stuff is based on AOS weapon properties, pretty sure it does not apply here.

Don't feel like searching for it, but I think there was a Post somewhere where a GM confirmed exceptional is between might at force.

I felt like searching for it and found this... http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/confusion-on-pre-aos-weapon-damage.93457/

One of the replies states that...

Code:
// Old quality bonus:
#if false
/* Apply quality offset
* : Low : -4
* : Regular : 0
* : Exceptional : +4
*/
damage += ((int)m_Quality - 1) * 4.0;
#endif

/* Apply damage level offset
* : Regular : 0
* : Ruin : 1
* : Might : 3
* : Force : 5
* : Power : 7
* : Vanq : 9
*/

...if this server works the same, then exceptional gives +4 to base damage and not +35% (not sure about what the "damage += ((int)m_Quality - 1) * 4.0;" part does, tbh), so it effectively puts it between Might and Force in every case.

That said, the % calculations in my earlier post are still indirectly relevant in the way magic weapons can have accuracy bonuses, which are % based and will scale with "weapon speed vs how hard it hits", but that's obvious and slightly off topic.