Crashing at brit bank

Khuzah

Anyone else having this issue? I have a character I was playing today and as I approached the brit bank, the screen went black and the game crashed with no message. I can log into my other characters who are not at brit bank, but this character is now unplayable :(

Woke Pope

I have been experiencing this very same issue also, very annoying. Playing on my main computer 3090 with windows 11, playing on my older computers I do not experience the crash. Was wanting to bring this to someone's attention. Not sure if it's a windows 11 thing, or the graphics card.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
This is most likely due to people not updating files correctly, or an in issue with how it was updated.
Ensure you join our discord and many people can help out there also.

If you continually have issues you can always manually download the files from https://portal.uoforever.com/launcher/latest and replace them yourself.

crazy-horse

Master
I had that problem at the Brit bank. Seemed to let me successfully log in after a server reboot happened, so I just avoid visual range of there now. Oddly I found another spot where my client crashes while killing titans last week, in the wood between Minoc and the desert (about the mountain north edge. After crashing two characters there (trying to rescue stuff off the first), I tried a different idea that works. I use ther "ClassicUO that UOF sets as default. Its what crashes, so I "Launched" the next client "Forever", and it doesnt crash there. Still I'm all set up on "Classic" and I like it, so I run "Classic", but have "Forever" ready for rescues if I find another crashey spot.
Oh, I should add this note. One spot at the ultra-busy brit bank, another spot out in the woods, nothing similar. But, I also have encountered an incident that reminds me of the dark days of exploits in the early days of UO. When not busy with other things I often like to wander around and watch the show. Sometimes the Destard champ spawn is fun, and I wander stealthed through huge mobs alot with not problem. BUT, one time while the champ was up, three (count them three) PKs attacked the spawners and suddenly I was crashing like mad, and it did quit until after those PKs left Destard. Now I cant say for sure that they were using that old exploit from the early dark days, but it sure felt like they were. Not sure if not using "ClassicUO" would have fixed that too, but I'm pretty sure I was the only one crashing then.

Last edited: