assistuo targeting system

severus

Grandmaster
anyone understand the whole targeting system through assist? really struggling with it, using 'get' -/enemy/criminal/gray/innocent/murderer/nonfriendly etc

but the problem im having is i 'get a new target' with one of them, try press last target to either drop a heal or an offensive spell on them, however it doesnt work.. it will drop that spell on someone that i recently healed or tried dropping

i have tried this with and without smart last target, also tried taking last target off assist and had it in UO instead..

severus

Grandmaster
never mind fixed now! had to turn smart last off + remove last target through UO which i didnt think about, and have last target set in assist...

steve-o

Grandmaster
I had the same problem... thanks for posting this!

1. remove smart last in assistuo - OK
2. remove last target through uo - ?
3 set last target key in assistuo - OK

how do you do next target?

severus

Grandmaster
I had the same problem... thanks for posting this!

1. remove smart last in assistuo - OK
2. remove last target through uo - ?
3 set last target key in assistuo - OK

how do you do next target?
Get random target mate

Targets > get > all > random? Not on pc atm but yeh something like that

halygon

Grandmaster
The assist targeting system is about two things, the get command and then the setalias command.

The getenemy (or getfriend) commands are functions that find a mobile on the screen (technically up to 18 tiles) that matches the parameters set (ie. innocent, murderer, grey). It sets the two alias' 'found' and 'enemy'(or friend if you used getfriend) to that mobile. For macro sake, most ppl use the getenemy command with the random parameter to cycle through the players on the screen. Their targeting macro then runs the line:

Setalias 'last' 'enemy'

This sets the alias 'last' as the same mobile as 'enemy' thus setting up their last target key.