Anatomy Damage Effects

Death Jester

Neophyte
Hey guys,
I have a fisherman template and right now I am debating on if I should drop my Anat for Evalint or not. How much extra damage does Anat serve when using any fighting skill (swords, archery, etc.)?

Regards,
DJ

thechemicals

Apprentice
I believe with 100 tactics +potential +25 tactics and Gm anatomy you might be on par for weapon damage. The overrall damage cap varies from server to server but its ussually 200-250% from all damage enhancers.

Tactics at gm+25 gives you about 100% damage
Anatomy at gm potentially gives you 50-65% damage bonus
Lumberjacking potential for 100% base weapon damage (17-20 base dmg weapon turns into 24-40)

Then you have crushing blows for 100% or double damage, but i believe the cap to be around 225% here since my testing.

Both Anatomy and Eval unofficially require an assortment of other skills.

During UO:R, GM Anatomy gave +30% damage bonus, not sure when it was buffed to +55%, nor if that buff is implemented on this shard.

As of Publish 13 (August 19, 2001), ...

Publish 13 said:
Anatomy Damage Bonus

A bug causing the anatomy damage bonus to be doubled against players will be fixed. However, the maximum damage bonus for anatomy will be increased to 30% upon reaching 100.0 skill (the damage bonus will still be 20% for players with less then 100.0 anatomy skill.

This change will have the following consequences…

Under the current system, a player with an anatomy skill of 100.0 can receive a 20% damage bonus against monsters, and a 20% damage bonus against players. Under the new system, a player with an anatomy skill of 100.0 will receive a 30% damage bonus against both monsters and players.

Similarly, a player under the current system with a skill of 80.0 can receive a 16% damage bonus against monsters, and a 32% damage bonus against players. Under the new system, this player will receive a 16% damage bonus against both monsters and players.

...I checked every Publish from 5 (UO:R) to 17 (AoS), and it's the only mention of Anatomy's Damage Bonus I could find.

Then again, just because that's what should be era-accurate doesn't mean that's how it works on this shard.