A Guide to 7x dueling [part 3]

crome

Grandmaster
If you have followed my guides to this point you should now be quite masterful with your disturbs fast casting and have a really good set of pvp macros.

ADDITIONAL MACROS

arm equipment i have 2 of these on mouse buttons tending to be primary and secondary weapon or shield
bandage self macro i use 5 on my right keypad as its where all my pot macros are located
protection i have set to [
recative armour set to ]
magic reflection set to ;
mass protection set to '
bless set to #
teleport set to -
stun set to =

Now it stands to reason if you can 5x duel you should be able to 7x duel as your merely adding a bonus in either damage or defensive ability the following are viable tactics and templates to apply to 7x dueling

healing/anatomy/magery/magic resist/eval/meditation/wrestling
90 35 100
The classic heal stun mage

This template has both great offensive and defensive capability.
use your normal 5x duelist strategy but weave in a stun punch in between your highest point of damage for maximum effect as your opponent will not be able to heal.
use your stun defensively when your opponent is comboing you to negate the full spell damage of their combo
if you stun a weapon user they cannot swing at you while stun punch is active you cant negate alot of damage while getting a quick meditation in or low on health.
always stay at 99% of your health or buffed with strength constantly run bandages if you dont take damage during the period of your bandy applying let it get to almost finished then restart it you must always keep your bandages running.
always carry a shield

scribe/anatomy/wrestling/imagery/resist/meditation/eval
90/35/100
The classic scribe stun mage

Much like the heal stun mage this template has a great balance of aggression and defense.
Always cast protection first spell in the fight [this spell allows you to cast without being disturbed]
you can use your stun in the exact way as playing a heal mage
your ideal strategy with this template is for another mage to start dumping on you and to dump back into their combo adding stun mid combo [they will be disturbed and you will not] this will normally result in their death.
a stun scribes best defense is always offense
try and keep in mind when someone is casting on you they have very little chance of disturbing your spells so you can cure without a problem and greater heal without being disturbed.

scribe/anatomy/healing/magery/resist/meditation/eval
100/25/100
The Scribe Healer

the ultimate defensive template
combine the defensive tactics from above and you should be pretty much unkillable while dueling
only play this template if you are very competent 5x
always carry a shield [it doesn't matter if you have 0 parrying a good shield can give you 30 Armour makes a big difference when being hit with weapons and running your bandages]

parrying/magery/meditation/healing/eval/anatomy/wrestling
90/30/100
Anti dexer parry mage

you can run this same template without wrestling and using inscribe instead i find this works slightly better
protection can still work

archery/tactics/anatomy/meditation/magery/eval/resist
80 45 100
Archer mage

Archery is a little underpowered on this server as there is no delays on your arrow damage and it doesn't seem to get enough penetrate damage as osi. however its easily my favorite template in the game to play

Always keep your distance from your target the advantage of archery is that you dont need to take damage back if your smart with your movement.
1 arrow hit should roughly do 20 damage with an average bow prep energy bolt 30 damage you are dealing 50 damage over 0.5 seconds with a follow up of some good fast casting remeber youve already held your energy bolt so there will be no recast delay what so ever you will be able to kill easily.

to be continued

Last edited by a moderator: