When's poker coming back?

kurtis

Grandmaster

Yes, go play Full Tilt - the poker website whose management were jailed for bank and wire fraud, a website that to this day has still not paid out over $160 million to its US players. Again, funding an online poker account is illegal in the US. This jerkoff posts the same thing in every poker thread. If you live in the US, ignore him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry for being so subtle about the fact that I dislike the idea that this shard's staff has to waste a single millisecond trying to please people with games-within-a-game that effectively take people away from playing the actual game. Is this slowly turning into WoW? When do we get "Plants vs Zombies" and "Pokemon" mini-games? *pukes in your general direction*

*edited out the part about how online poker isn't illegal in the US, because, honestly, I just don't care, the point I care about is all that remains in this post, visit http://www.legaluspokersites.com/ to learn more about Online Poker in the US and if it's legal in your state or not, and how to play if it is*

Last edited by a moderator:

Meta

Neophyte
I'm sorry for being so subtle about the fact that I dislike the idea that this shard's staff has to waste a single millisecond trying to please people with games-within-a-game that effectively take people away from playing the actual game. Is this slowly turning into WoW? When do we get "Plants vs Zombies" and "Pokemon" mini-games? *pukes in your general direction*

Ah i was about to post a suggestion thread for bomberman.

lol
Just kidding. i hate bomberman.

kurtis

Grandmaster

*edited out the part about how online poker isn't illegal in the US, because, honestly, I just don't care, the point I care about is all that remains in this post, visit http://www.legaluspokersites.com/ to learn more about Online Poker in the US and if it's legal in your state or not, and how to play if it is*

Hahahaha. I used to play online poker as my primary source of income. And you're speaking to a lawyer who has extensive knowledge of the poker laws. I was very deliberate in the use of the word "funding" and not "playing." It's a legally gray area. But like you, I have no desire to get into a debate about this; I've done it too many times and it's boring.

We obviously disagree about whether this server should have poker, and I can respect that. But I think the funniest part is that Full Tilt no longer allows US IP addresses for real money games. You put up a download link to the software like it's the solution to everyone's problem. I believe you have also put up a PokerStars link before....yah...also no US IP addresses. When you start getting phone calls from the government and your banks about potential transactions with online poker sites, like I did, then come talk. Putting up a link to Full Tilt software, the website known for the biggest online poker scandal to date, is just ignorant.

To each their own fuckhead. Some people PvP, some people PvM, some people IDOC hunt, some people grow plants, some people post forums about other people, some people just bank sit all day and some like to go play the slots and poker. The great thing about UO is you can do anything you want. You really shouldnt be soliciting any other websites on this forum anyways so move along.

We obviously disagree about whether this server should have poker, and I can respect that.

I never said this server shouldn't have Poker, what I said is it shouldn't be a priority for the admins to work on that marginal aspect of the game. They have an expansion to launch in a month, I'd rather they work on that so the release goes as smooth as possible.

To each their own fuckhead. Some people PvP, some people PvM, some people IDOC hunt, some people grow plants, some people post forums about other people, some people just bank sit all day and some like to go play the slots and poker. The great thing about UO is you can do anything you want. You really shouldnt be soliciting any other websites on this forum anyways so move along.

Sure, I was merely (and apparently too subtly) voicing my opinion that Poker on this shard shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the admins' priority list (I thought my last post made that clear, but I guess it was still not clear enough). Obviously, everyone has the right to disagree with me and voice a different opinion. I think we all understand that the fact that in-game gold changes hand via Poker means it has to run smoothly and be fair to everyone, which didn't seem to be the case when it was active, based on forum posts I read about split pots being bugged, people sitting out to grief other players, etc... These kind of issues require someone's attention and testing to be perfected and I simply think now is not the time to dedicate resources to "optional" aspects of the game. Then again, one could argue that every aspect of the game is optional, I guess.

As for soliciting other websites, I link to uoguide, stratics, UOSA/UOR forums, youtube and many other ressources all the time and you're the first to mention that should be frowned upon...Is that your personal opinion (that I shouldn't be soliciting any other website), or is there an official rule against linking to "3rd party websites" on UOF forums?

Tonycakes

Grandmaster
Where do I get my starter pokemon? I went to professors but no one was there . Sure hope I dont end up with an electric squirrel

LOL. I'm not hating on poker. I'm hating on annoying kids who ask the same question over and over again, when they know the answer didn't change since last time they asked.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I was just reading a post on another server about poker, a guy won over 700,000,000 gold pieces. YEAH LETS BRING BACK POKER!!!!!!!

*Places shotgun in mouth and ruins Christmas for his family*.