Stackable Potions: For or Against?

Stackable Potions

• Total voters

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Who all is in favor of stackable potions? Why or why not?

I really don't think the cries of keg merchants are drowning out the voices of players that want potions to stay stacked.

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
plz make pots stackable ^_^, i often can't loot my own loot bag because its over 120 items. Also if potions were stackable i don't think this would take away from the demand of the butler, you can' t beat its simplicity and convenience.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
There was a big push for factions a while back and one thing that hinders faction battles are the restocking delays. Opposing factions actually coordinate with each other to keep the battles going, IE "hold on we'll be back, just restocking."

In another post, GM Bryce mentioned 2 reasons for unstackable potions:

1) Keg merchants would lose business-- I don't think this is true. I think most of us that buy kegs do so because we don't want to create the potions ourselves. I have two alchys and I buy kegs. Also, you don't hear merchants complaining about this. Probably because merchants also use potions on other characters. Even if there are a miniscule amount of players that do nothing but craft kegs all day, should their plight drown out the overwhelming roar of support from the player base on this issue?

2) PK's need to be hunted down and not have time to get the loot -- I don't mind if PK's get my potions if they kill me. I would probably come out ahead in the long run by being able to loot my own potions when I die. As it is now, the unstacked potions make it difficult to loot your own potions. There is also a compromise that would be a win/win in this situation. If you elect to keep your potions in a bag then they stay stacked when you die. If you elect to keep your potions in your main backpack then they could scatter. This would give each player the choice of whether or not their potions would be easily lootable. This would still give players the ability to cut down their restock times or the ability to make it difficult on reds. I feel that this solution would negate the previous argument for keeping potions unstackable upon death.

Also, allow me this opportunity to shit on tamers. I PK a ton of tamers and they never carry shit all for potions. Why? Because they really don't need to and its just another example of the imbalance between tamers and all other classes.

Last edited by a moderator:

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
There was a big push for factions a while back and one thing that hinders faction battles are the restocking delays. Opposing factions actually coordinate with each other to keep the battles going, IE "hold on we'll be back, just restocking."

In another post, GM Bryce mentioned 2 reasons for unstackable potions:

1) Keg merchants would lose business-- I don't think this is true. Also, you don't hear merchants complaining about this. Probably because merchants also use potions on other characters.

2) PK's need to be hunted down and not have time to get the loot -- I don't mind if PK's get my potions if they kill me. I would probably come out ahead in the long run by being able to loot my own potions when I die. As it is now, the unstacked potions make it difficult to loot your own potions. There is also a compromise that would be a win/win in this situation. If you elect to keep your potions in a bag then they stay stacked when you die. If you elect to keep your potions in your main backpack then they could scatter. This would give each player the choice of whether or not their potions would be easily lootable. This would still give players the ability to cut down their restock times or the ability to make it difficult on reds. I feel that this solution would negate the previous argument for keeping potions unstackable upon death.

If i'm on a faction toon that doesn't have access to the guild's butler i just log, it takes too long restocking, clicking kegs 100+ times, etc.

1) Merchants would be able to sell commodity deeds with 1,000+ potions in it, this would allow merchants to sell bottles along with pots(making more $). if you don't have a script its very tedious work crafting/selling kegs.

2) PKing is lame but if a pk does kill you they should be able to at least snag your stack of greater refresh pots as a reward. PvMers don't have much loot these days unless its at the end of champ/rda,its 2015 they are way ahead of the curve and are recalling loot out after they kill one mob, using a stealthed toon to hold loot, etc. Make all potions stackable, it makes for constant faction/nocut pvp action. I don't even bother looting after a kill because its a grief to loot 100+ pots/scattered regs.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
If i'm on a faction toon that doesn't have access to the guild's butler i just log, it takes too long restocking, clicking kegs 100+ times, etc.

1) Merchants would be able to sell commodity deeds with 1,000+ potions in it, this would allow merchants to sell bottles along with pots(making more $). if you don't have a script its very tedious work crafting/selling kegs.

2) PKing is lame but if a pk does kill you they should be able to at least snag your stack of greater refresh pots as a reward. PvMers don't have much loot these days unless its at the end of champ/rda,its 2015 they are way ahead of the curve and are recalling loot out after they kill one mob, using a stealthed toon to hold loot, etc. Make all potions stackable, it makes for constant faction/nocut pvp action. I don't even bother looting after a kill because its a grief to loot 100+ pots/scattered regs.

I simply cannot imagine a reason why potions should unstack upon death. Especially, if my easily implemented suggestion is put to use where the player can choose whether or not their potions scatter.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
i changed my stance from for single pots to for stacked pots on death now because i think it's annoying for new players. let's make a more user friendly system please, shit looks buggy as is. People are gonna think less of our devs than they should if they base their opinion on the buggy look that single pots gives.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
i changed my stance from for single pots to for stacked pots on death now because i think it's annoying for new players. let's make a more user friendly system please, shit looks buggy as is. People are gonna think less of our devs than they should if they base their opinion on the buggy look that single pots gives.

Why did you like single pots to begin with? I'm just curious.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
For example if keg sales slow down, keg sellers will start to do other things with their time, and then new players won't be able to get potions.

the idea is to make it so that successful pvpers still need to buy kegs from keg sellers or make their own. Everyone needs to participate in that system to keep it functioning. On uoforever I never needed to make potions or buy potions because I was stacking them from kills, and eventually lots of players just had stacks of potions and you could never find any for sale.

I personally didn't mind single potions because i would still loot a few of each to keep me going and it works. But it's ugly.

What I would like to see is that potions stay stacked when a player dies, but a fraction of potions in the stack will be deleted.

Thus, if a player dies with 10 red potions in a stack, that stack will turn into a stack of 4 or 5 potions and stay stacked.

At least in this case, if a player is doing PvM and may die, he can prevent potion deletion by packing single potions. And maybe there could be an easy way to turn on/off potion stacking in the [uof menu when using kegs.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
For example if keg sales slow down, keg sellers will start to do other things with their time, and then new players won't be able to get potions.

the idea is to make it so that successful pvpers still need to buy kegs from keg sellers or make their own. Everyone needs to participate in that system to keep it functioning. On uoforever I never needed to make potions or buy potions because I was stacking them from kills, and eventually lots of players just had stacks of potions and you could never find any for sale.

I personally didn't mind single potions because i would still loot a few of each to keep me going and it works. But it's ugly.

What I would like to see is that potions stay stacked when a player dies, but a fraction of potions in the stack will be deleted.

Thus, if a player dies with 10 red potions in a stack, that stack will turn into a stack of 4 or 5 potions and stay stacked.

At least in this case, if a player is doing PvM and may die, he can prevent potion deletion by packing single potions. And maybe there could be an easy way to turn on/off potion stacking in the [uof menu when using kegs.

Maybe you've got a point but I think potion sales will still happen without any drop off of sales. I have alchys and I don't make potions, ever. There are plenty of lazy players like myself that simply refuse to craft. If potion kegs were 20k I would still buy them. If kegs disappeared the crafters might rejoice. Alchys could simply make potion stacks of 100 each and sell them on the vendor.

Are there any crafters out there at all that don't want stackable potions? Are there any crafters out there that do want them?

Chime in yall

wreckognize

Grandmaster
there's still going to be lots of players who won't need to buy kegs or potion stacks that currently are buying them if full potion stacks start dropping on corpses.

As you can see in Azria's videos, the current system does in fact limit the amount of potions that get looted, but my suggested fix is a much better, cleaner method of achieving the same goal AND it also makes dumping much faster so there can be more PvP.

chad

Master

You've got some noob logic.