Runics in CTF

THEREGOESBILL

Apprentice
The way CTF is right now it favors the rich players, bring your Vanq runic war hammer to CTF and hit a new player for 94. it seems a tad unfair for anyone who doesn't have a fullI Invul plate set. Make the public CTF only gm equipment provided by the event. and make the League bring your own equipment. Or better yet let me steal some of these weapons in CTF!!! No more carebear Trammel CTF

Sommerella

Master
Carebare CTF would be getting rid of weapons people purchased bc you don't like it. Take runic weapons to your teeth like a real man. Then buy your own and use em.

THEREGOESBILL

Apprentice
Being able to use end game weapons and never lose them..... im just expressing my opinion i dont wish to offend or rub anyone the wrong way. im sure nothing will change but new players cannot compete in this CTF unless you have 1 mill to drop on a weapon. I dont use a dexxer in UO just my preference.

Tac0bell

Grandmaster
you can find a good vanq for <50k... an aggy runic weap for <100k... will still hit pretty hard :)

and get some good armor, thats cheap too

Earendur

Adept
I think the caveat of bringing a runic vanq war hammer is it wears the durability out fast...might be mistaken though.

Being able to use end game weapons and never lose them..... im just expressing my opinion i dont wish to offend or rub anyone the wrong way. im sure nothing will change but new players cannot compete in this CTF unless you have 1 mill to drop on a weapon. I dont use a dexxer in UO just my preference.

I get highest kills/damage or top 3 at least whenever I join and I am alchy mage..dexxers aren't too much of a problem as long as you aren't just standing still casting spells. I usually just run with a few team members and unload XP/XP/XP POT/EB on someone. plus!!! if you are getting rolled by dexxers constantly defend the darn flag!! :)

oomf

Grandmaster
Carebare CTF would be getting rid of weapons people purchased bc you don't like it. Take runic weapons to your teeth like a real man. Then buy your own and use em.

O no! Might require actual skill if they made it an even playing field...

Sommerella

Master
It's a team oriented event. Coordinate and use your own skills with your team. Just bc someone has a good weapon doesn't mean they don't have to use skill. A mage that knows what he's doing can wreck shit.

But we can say using a runic means you are lacking in real skill, if that's what you guys are into.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

halygon

Grandmaster
I've gotten top kills and damage many times over with a gold runic axe which is equivalent to a magical vanq axe. 25-30k for the weapon - not exactly 1mil.

Don't worry about those guys with Val runic weapons because they are far and few.

Honestly though, the real reason why exceptional weapons would not work is because of mages. Mage spell damage is so much greater than the damage of ANY exceptional (non-runic) weapon that it would completely knock out all dexxors from the fight.

Peav

Grandmaster
I've gotten top kills and damage many times over with a gold runic axe which is equivalent to a magical vanq axe. 25-30k for the weapon - not exactly 1mil.

Don't worry about those guys with Val runic weapons because they are far and few.

Honestly though, the real reason why exceptional weapons would not work is because of mages. Mage spell damage is so much greater than the damage of ANY exceptional (non-runic) weapon that it would completely knock out all dexxors from the fight.

you seem like a ctf pro. can you teach me? im a new ctf pleb. :(

Young Star

Grandmaster
End game weapons? It doesn't take much to buy one. Even non-union vanqs are common enough to buy for less than 100k and are only slightly less damage. If you get a supreme one it is usually stronger than a lesser tactics exceptional vanq.

Invulnerable plate armor is only around 10k or less. CTFs flag runners are usually heal mages that run with high AR, parry, and heal

If you guys are looking for some verite runic weapons hmu, just saying u could maybe buy yourself one and quit crying that u don't have one. Here's your chance :)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Peav

Grandmaster
i saw thy house sir and what struck me was how I had double thy amount of blue statues

i barely played CTF, since the lack of competition on this server. I was the #1 for months out of 10 in the list where everyone else was playing during USA times daily. I tripled and doubled everyone during one game where i spent 15min on. Don't brag about trophies, if you don't know ctf origin history u shouldn't quote me on it.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
lol u werent even there when ctf originated, and when you were top 10 it was only because you were dropping flags and picking them up for extra points, before it got fixed. please. I'm the CTF 'top dog' on this server. I have the trophies to prove it.

Peav

Grandmaster
lol u werent even there when ctf originated, and when you were top 10 it was only because you were dropping flags and picking them up for extra points, before it got fixed. please. I'm the CTF 'top dog' on this server. I have the trophies to prove it.

stop being funny, i was reporting those bugs when they came out. lol at 'trophies'. who the fuck cares if u play a 2v2v2v2 ctf and win trophies lol. shut up and copy others u random pleb player. ur probably one of those guys in ctf following me all game and spamming shit to be another fanboy