Not sure where to Go - Provo+Archer

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
Good morning everyone,

I've been trying to learn to be a Bard (i'm quite crappy at this) so I figured I'd ask the community. (On a side note, community here has been great, especially on server).

So originally was going to do a Provo+Tamer but couldn't kill anything as I just started. So I ran around to raise provo and made nothing, as had no way to kill them. Big thanks to Schelnger of X for suggesting picking up archery until time to Tame. Made a world of difference. I'm old fashion, I like to play and not just "raise" skills for an hour. So my Bard isn't a money maker yet and I've died doing stupid stupid things.

So as it stands:

Music: 80
Provo: 65
Magery: 70
Med: 100
Archery: 75
Taming: 55
Lore: 60

I haven't even hit 700 skill points, this char is a bit new, and i'm awkward with him. I've been in Despise and don't have too many problems with cyclops/ettins but over camped and reds. Tried mummies and bone knights, but can't find a good spawn.

So the question is: Where is a good place ot continue to raise Provo and good for Bards?

I tried Ogre lords - but the red NPCs swarm me so fast, I got slaughtered (laughed a few times). Even though I played UO 10 years ago, i didn't explore half the game then and realize now I have No Idea about the world out there. Why I am liking UOF. Get to discover things.

Alabama Man

Neophyte
At your skill lvl I would suggest sticking to graveyards or possibly shame dungeon for provoking. Also, it would really help your archery if you had tactics and anatomy.

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
LOL - well that was entertaining. Went to Shame as suggested.

In 1st minute, drove off a would be PK.
2 min later, saw a Grey and tried to drive him off. After getting smoked (he destroyed me), turned out he was quite kind, gave my stuff back and a gift! (thank you btw!)
collecting gear, when the real red showed, and well. dead.

LOL

Fun!!! to be honest, got no provo worked, lost 50 regs of each, a decent bow and arrows. but man, fun. Thank you! (and I will actually to get provo up).

I plan on dropping archery in the long run for Taming, etc. not going to let those skills decline so not worried about anatomy.

Alabama Man

Neophyte
Yeah dungeons are full of reds. You should always have a recall macro bound to a hotkey. Did you try any graveyards yet? They are good spots for provoking because you can provoke from outside the fence.

Meta

Neophyte
Your template is what is holding you back. You are trying to be a Bard-Mage-Archer-Tamer. On your first character you really wanna make it clear what you are so you can get on your feet quicker. I would suggest you drop the tamer off this template and make a separate character for that.

Here is a solid bard archer:
100Str, 100dex, 25int- Archery, Anatomy, Tactics, Healing, Music, Provo, Hiding.

I use this as my main character. This character is low maintenance as it doesn't require regs. Just bandies, pots, and arrows. basic armor will do, nothing fancy and definitely nothing with -dex. easy to solo hunt with and is a good with group hunting as well.

Start practicing your provo skills in the forest east of britian. there is plenty of ogres and ettins. occasionally you'll run into a paragon too. once your balls drop hit up the bottom of deceit. there is a lich gold mine down there as well as a PK hunting ground.

Here is a good link for tamer templates:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18863