Kegs (500 Per Keg and HOW to implement it)

Sandman

Grandmaster
I never understood why this did not get implemented here so I asked around the last week. The replies I got were all similar:

"It hurts the economy and devalues empty kegs"
"It makes it harder for new players to start out buying kegs"
"It would be a pain in the ass with all of the old kegs still around"

First of all the economy. I do not think anyone is getting rich selling empty kegs. I honestly don't see why anyone even bothers making them anymore, but obviously they DO still sell and therefor still need to be purchased. Nothing changes here, the only thing that will change is the demand for empty kegs. The materials to craft can stay the same, the prices can fluctuate however the crafters see fit. Honestly if a crafter is attempting to make a living off empty kegs they need to look into something more lucrative.

As far as new players, crafters can still choose to create 100 pot kegs for newer players.

Lastly the current existing kegs. While I acknowledge this will not fix all of them, i would propose that you create a token system for a few weeks. All "first gen" kegs can be tossed for 1 token each. 5 tokens may be redeemed for a 500 capacity empty keg. It wouldn't require a lot of effort from staff and would help get rid of a lot of items on the server.

manolo

Adept
The keg system is cumbersome for the vast majority of players and does not really benefit anyone but a few carpenters that earn 20k/month by selling empty kegs. Making every potion type stack up to 60k or something would also make restocking a a lot easier and faster (i.e. Sallos potion restock would work then, I think). I also don't understand why potions do not currently remain stacked upon death as it can get quite annoying if I can't loot my own bag because of the unstacking of potions causes the item count to multiply and exceed the backpack limit.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
There is the art for a large stationary keg that could be used. All that's needed is the do dads of whatever script to function. Empty kegs are a problem, but so are other items as well.

To solve help solve the keg problem there should be a vendor placed in the tinker shops or mage shops across Britannia that buy empty kegs. This would be one way of getting rid of them without having to have a vendor set up. Yes you can buy the kegs sold to the vendor. You can buy/sell bottles so why not kegs? It's only stock would be the kegs sold by players to the vendor. There are several "Goodwill" type of things I'd like to see implemented that are alone these same lines.