Dex Suits now have -10 Dex Loss...

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Why nerf dexxers! That's it I'm playing a Mage.

Seriously.

Ok so if you nerf ar one might think that the class that actually has its damage effected by ar has actually received a buff.

Logic is so hard.
The only dexer who is hurt by this is the pvm dexer and to be honest a little less swing speed is hardly a factor in pvm.

Tearloch

Grandmaster
These changes actually didn't help mages at all. Mages lost AR on their leather suits.

No one gain an advantage EXCEPT dexxors.
No offense, but how did Dexxors "gain" an advantage with this change? And as far as leather taking a hit, I also checked those. 6 piece studded sets were 34 AR (Barbed), 31 AR (Horned), and 29 AR (Spined). When I checked this morning, Barbed was the same at 34, Horned improved to 32, and Spined took a small hit at 28. All in all, I would call that a wash.

As far as Dexxors, they lost AR and took a major hit to Dex. I would said this change is a net advantage to mages...

halygon

Grandmaster
No offense, but how did Dexxors "gain" an advantage with this change? And as far as leather taking a hit, I also checked those. 6 piece studded sets were 34 AR (Barbed), 31 AR (Horned), and 29 AR (Spined). When I checked this morning, Barbed was the same at 34, Horned improved to 32, and Spined took a small hit at 28. All in all, I would call that a wash.

As far as Dexxors, they lost AR and took a major hit to Dex. I would said this change is a net advantage to mages...
The leath ar changes haven't occurred yet, but per @Adam they will.

Tearloch

Grandmaster
The leath ar changes haven't occurred yet, but per @Adam they will.
Based on what Adam said, I took it that he had already nerfed leather as well, but was going to explain it later. That was the only explanation I could come up with for the sudden (small) changes in the AR values for the studded sets on my vendor. This is, of course, assuming that studded leather is getting (or was) nerfed as well.

To compensate for the change to dex loss, I have also nerfed all leather armors. I will detail these changes in a bit here and why I did them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tearloch

Grandmaster
Also, has anyone verified ANY player crafted armor with a 70 AR (and no dex loss)? The best I have seen (and crafted) is 51 AR on a Valorite archer set using a dragon scale gorget. This is basically the same AR you get from a Runic crafted Horned Leather suit...

Mango

Grandmaster
Also, has anyone verified ANY player crafted armor with a 70 AR (and no dex loss)? The best I have seen (and crafted) is 51 AR on a Valorite archer set using a dragon scale gorget. This is basically the same AR you get from a Runic crafted Horned Leather suit...
barbed runic armor

halygon

Grandmaster
DbMbCBF.jpg

It's not 70, but I like 69 better anyways. Barbed has even higher AR. That's an invul studded leather gorget if you are wondering.

It WAS zero dex loss until the recent changes.

**And yes, that's not Gankware - I killed a guy that was wearing the suit, so I just have used it ever since. So free advertisement to Morgan-.

Tearloch

Grandmaster
barbed runic armor
OK, but that does not justify metal armor getting nerfed. And barbed runic kits are very high end....and I don't think that is the reason for this nerf. If they think runic crafted armor is too "strong", then they can simply adjust the buffs on the items crafted.

Adam made it

halygon

Grandmaster
OK, but that does not justify metal armor getting nerfed. And barbed runic kits are very high end....and I don't think that is the reason for this nerf. If they think runic crafted armor is too "strong", then they can simply adjust the buffs on the items crafted.

Adam made it
Nah, the changes are fair (except for bone) IMO.

Tearloch

Grandmaster
Adam, thank for the update. Any timeline on the low down of explanation you alluded to? Just interested in a little more insight and background on this change.

Wizx13

Grandmaster
barbed runic armor

In all honesty the people that spend the time to even get a barbed runic kit DESERVE to have the armor crafted to 70 ar :)

Am I gonna spend 400k on a suit..hell no cause I would lose it in a day lmao!!

Mango

Grandmaster
In all honesty the people that spend the time to even get a barbed runic kit DESERVE to have the armor crafted to 70 ar :)

Am I gonna spend 400k on a suit..hell no cause I would lose it in a day lmao!!

Oh I totally know what you mean. It's very hard to get those runics, and I too am amazing at donating rare armor to hostile anythings. ^_^

Changes to leather armor are in already. A barbed GM set now gives 31 AR, down from 36. In fact, if you want 100% accurate armor values for our shard, go here: http://www.strangeworld.com/uo/armor/

Our armors should match exactly with the leather armors on there..

You actually don't need to do make all the armors to be era accurate since the era was not balanced perfectly. As you've tweaked exp pots' damage, spell damage, etc., the armors also should be tweaked in aspect of balancing. There are huge gap between pvp balance and crafting balance for the armors;

If we consider the side of crafting, the effectiveness of armors must be increased linearly according to the crafting difficulty. For example, Bone armor must be better than studded, and studded should be better than leather. The difficulty and resource consumption have to be considered when deciding the armors' value.

If we consider the side of pvp, however, such methodology would break the game balance, since we must consider the magical armors what we can obtain from mobs or chests. And there are runic sewing kit in this shard (oh, ya, runic hammer is also here but this doesn't allow making armors now), so we could get enough AR from these without dex penalties.
Barbed/Exc/Invul leather amror set would provide 61 AR without dex penalty, and Valorite/Exceptional Full Plate is 64 with -25 dex. Even the Full Plate armors with Invul just can provide 70 AR with the dex penalties. I guess most of players would prefer to wear the first one. Beside, there is the perfectly better armor set than the plate armors; Barbed/Exc/Invul Bone armor set. It provides not only less dex penalties but also higher AR.

Actually the DEX penalty is quite HUGE penalty for dexxers, because it reduces both swing speed and bandage time. The AR only gives defensive power against physical attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff

Young Player Help
You actually don't need to do make all the armors to be era accurate since the era was not balanced perfectly. As you've tweaked exp pots' damage, spell damage, etc., the armors also should be tweaked in aspect of balancing. There are huge gap between pvp balance and crafting balance for the armors;

If we consider the side of crafting, the effectiveness of armors must be increased linearly according to the crafting difficulty. For example, Bone armor must be better than studded, and studded should be better than leather. The difficulty and resource consumption have to be considered when deciding the armors' value.

If we consider the side of pvp, however, such methodology would break the game balance, since we must consider the magical armors what we can obtain from mobs or chests. And there are runic sewing kit in this shard (oh, ya, runic hammer is also here but this doesn't allow making armors now), so we could get enough AR from these without dex penalties.
Barbed/Exc/Invul leather amror set would provide 61 AR without dex penalty, and Valorite/Exceptional Full Plate is 64 with -25 dex. Even the Full Plate armors with Invul just can provide 70 AR with the dex penalties. I guess most of players would prefer to wear the first one. Beside, there is the perfectly better armor set than the plate armors; Barbed/Exc/Invul Bone armor set. It provides not only less dex penalties but also higher AR.

Actually the DEX penalty is quite HUGE penalty for dexxers, because it reduces both swing speed and bandage time, the AR only gives defensive power against physical attack.

You can craft invul barbed sets? Anyways, a full set of studded invul leather only gives 51 AR. A full set of invul plate is 70 AR. I am tweaking armor, I am nerfing it because it is OP.

You can craft invul barbed sets? Anyways, a full set of studded invul leather only gives 51 AR. A full set of invul plate is 70 AR. I am tweaking armor, I am nerfing it because it is OP.
I don't exactly remember which magical property is given by the barbed runing sewing kit, but anyway exc/barbed leather armor (31AR after nerfing) with one magical property (I guess the property is higher than hardening, at least) would reach over 50 AR imo. And I would still choose this instead of invul full plate, I'm not sure the other players' favorite though. And, yea, as I mentioned, it's true that the bone armor set created by barbed runic sewing kit is still much better than any full plate armor set in aspects of both AR and dex penalty.

Mango

Grandmaster
Yeah, it really was pretty OP; it sucks if you were one to spend so much on the armor. however I am sure they spent a lot of time testing and thinking through the changes before they implemented the nerf.